Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport (NOC 6671) in the Halifax region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year. Employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2015
- Game On Laser Tag, a laser tag facility located on Keltic Drive in Sydney, will open in May
- Road Rage RC, a business featuring race tracks for racing car hobbyists, will open at the beginning of April on Main Street in Dartmouth
- Seven Days Bouldering, a rock-climbing facility with a café, will open on Gottingen Street in Halifax in the first quarter of 2015
- A golf course and residential development project worth more than $50M is under construction near Hubbards. According to Aspotogan Developments, completion of the course is expected by the fall of 2015.
- Date Modified: