Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport (NOC 6671) in the Halifax region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year. Employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 410 people work in this occupation.
- Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 79%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 9%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 04 - Apr 08, 2016
- Atlantic Playland, an amusement park on Lucasville Road in Halifax, plans to hire between 30 to 40 students for its 2016 summer season.
- Patrons Golf & Lounge recently opened in Bedford. The facility includes indoor golf simulators, dining room, and a lounge.
- Date modified: