Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Chemists in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Dartmouth-based IT company SimplyCast has hired 11 workers in 2015, and will hire four to six more from a large number of resumes it has received since offering to provide student loan debt relief to new employees
- Urban Outfitters, a U.S.-based clothing and décor chain store, has opened a location on Barrington Street in Halifax
- Halifax-based clothing line East Coast Lifestyle will employ six people in a retail outlet it will open in June in Halifax. The business will also employ about seven more workers in mobile travelling shops.
- The Conference Board of Canada predicts that Halifax's economy will expand by 3.1% in 2015 and by 2.8% in 2016. Increases in the manufacturing sector due to work on the Irving Shipbuilding project, and strength in the construction sector are noted.
- Sushi Jet has opened its second Halifax area restaurant, on Spring Garden Road
- ProEdge Sports Conditioning Ltd. has hired seven new employees, all certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. The Bedford-based business may hire three to six more trainers by the end of 2015.
- Enfield Home Hardware, a building centre in Enfield, has closed. Scotian Homes, a part of the company that builds homes, has gone out of business as well.
- The Old Apothecary, a café and bakery on Barrington Street in Halifax, will open in May
- Canadian Tire will open a new store in the former Target Canada space in Bayers Lake. No timelines for the new location are yet available.
- PCL Constructors Canada has been awarded the tender for a $6M renovation project at the Dartmouth General Hospital, scheduled to begin in May
- Irving Oil will construct two buildings on a commercial site near the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, which will house a gas bar, convenience store, and some restaurants by the fall of 2015
- Kula Partners, a Halifax online marketing company, has expanded from 12 to 17 employees over the last few months. The company employs programmers, designers, marketing strategists and other staff, and recruits from local universities.
- Game On Laser Tag, a laser tag facility located on Keltic Drive in Sydney, will open in May
- Greenload, a mattress recycling company, will open in April in Burnside
- Date Modified: