Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Chemists in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 06 - Apr 10, 2015
- Construction will begin later in 2015 on a 22-storey multi-use structure adjacent to the Brewery Market in downtown Halifax. Plans are also proceeding for a 21-storey residential and commercial building nearby on Hollis Street.
- Irving Shipbuilding has awarded a $170M subcontract to Lockheed Martin Canada to integrate control systems on the Arctic offshore patrol ships that will be built at the Halifax Shipyard
- J.Willy Krauch and Sons will cease production at its seafood smokehouse in Tangier at the end of April, as the owner will retire. The closure will affect one part-time and seven full-time jobs.
- Two major fashion retailers, Aritzia and Browns, will open new stores in the Halifax Shopping Centre in the summer of 2015. The centre continues to undergo a major redevelopment to add extra retail space.
- Canada Bread Company will close its Halifax bakery in November 2015, affecting the jobs of more than 100 employees. The company indicates that products can be made more efficiently at its bakeries in New Brunswick.
- Truck-Side, an indoor food truck court, will open in late spring on Windmill Road in Burnside. The space will feature three food truck-type restaurants, and will employ 84 workers.
- Smoke's Weinerie, a food service franchise specializing in hot dogs, will open an outlet at the end of March on Pleasant Street in Dartmouth
- Road Rage RC, a business featuring race tracks for racing car hobbyists, will open at the beginning of April on Main Street in Dartmouth
- Date Modified: