Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Chemists in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 13 - Jun 17, 2016
- The Nova Scotia Operational Stress Injury Clinic, funded by Veterans Affairs Canada and operated by the provincial health authority, has opened at 100 Eileen Stubbs Ave. in Dartmouth. The clinic has psychologists, nurses, social workers and other health professionals on staff to treat veterans and former RCMP members.
- The Canvas Room, a bar and restaurant, opened in May on Cornwallis street in downtown Halifax. Art instruction and supplies are also available to customers.
- Appili Therapeutics Inc. has opened a medical chemistry lab in Halifax and has five new chemists among its 10 employees. The pharmaceutical development company is currently focusing on antibiotic research, and expects to add more chemists, biologists, and other employees as it grows.
- Winnipeg-based jewellery chain Ben Moss will close its store in the Halifax Shopping Centre within the next few weeks. The company will close 11 stores across Canada, including one in Atlantic Canada, leaving it with 55 other operations.
- Dalhousie University will spend $23.3M to replace Dalplex, its deteriorating fitness centre. The new Dalplex is set to open in 2018.
- According to the developer, the number of construction workers on the site of the $500M Nova Centre project in downtown Halifax will top out at about 500 in June 2016. Some delays have occurred due to a lack of available tradespeople.
- Non-bargaining unit employees of the Nova Scotia government will receive the same 1%, 1.5% and 0.5% wage increases as offered to the bargaining unit employees
- Parks Canada will spend $20M on upgrades to Halifax Citadel and a tower in Point Pleasant Park in Halifax during the spring and summer of 2016
- Stillwell Bar will open a seasonal beer garden on Spring Garden Road in Halifax in June of 2016. The company had operated a beer garden on the waterfront last year, but that tender was awarded to another company, The Stubborn Goat, for 2016.
- Date Modified: