Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 06 - Mar 10, 2017
- The Halifax Stanfield Airport is committing $45M to its 2017 capital projects program. The plan includes the expansion of passenger screening areas, work on the electrical and refrigeration systems, and runway renovations.
- Relish Gourmet Burgers has closed its restaurants across Canada, including the location on Larry Uteck Boulevard in Halifax. The Quinpool Road location in Halifax, will remain open as one of six Canadian independant locations.
- Celtz, a St. John's, NL-based producer of a range of software for the film industry, is building a sales team in Halifax as it continues to make inroads into various markets
- Two virtual reality-related businesses have opened recently on Gottingen and Oxford Streets in Halifax. Nearby Planet VR and Halifax VR Room offer services to those who enjoy playing high-tech video games in a relaxing environment.
- Water & Bone, a 40-seat restaurant, has opened at 5687 Charles Street in Halifax
- Geebo Device Repair has opened on Queen Street in Halifax. The business, which offers computer and cell phone repairs and sells used devices, now employs a total of 10 workers in its three locations in the Halifax area.
- About 40 jobs will be created when H & M, a Swedish clothing chain, opens in the Halifax Shopping Centre in the summer of 2017. Clothing retailer Zara will also open in the Shopping Centre around the same time.
- Modest Tree, a Halifax-based interactive training company, doubled its staff in 2016 to about 20 workers and expects to add another 15 people in 2017 after landing a number of contracts connected to Canadian military operations
- The Captain's Boil, a Toronto-based Cajun-style restaurant chain, is set to open a franchise in the former Pizza Delight location at 5680 Spring Garden Road in Halifax in April 2017. The restaurant is expected to hire about 10 workers.
- The Good Food Emporium, a restaurant on Windsor Street in Halifax, has closed. A yet-unnamed Italian-American restaurant is expected to open in the space at the end of March 2017.
- Date modified: