Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Chemists in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- Resources Capital Gold is in the process of buying 90% ownership interest in the Dufferin gold mine near Sheet Harbour, with the aim to re-open the mine within four months. When the mine was last operational, it employed about 60 people.
- Toronto-based security firm G4S Canada has been awarded a security contract at the Halifax Airport that had been held by Commissionaires Nova Scotia for 56 years. About 151 commissionaires work at the airport, and G4S plans to hire as many as possible.
- The $220M Ocean Frontier Institute, a joint venture focusing on research into ocean and ecosystem change, will be set up at Dalhousie University in Halifax. Employment for up to 40 scientists will likely occur as research increases, and technicians will also be needed
- The Halifax Regional School Board has hired six additional teachers, as part of a team of 26, to help students who came to Nova Scotia as refugees learn English. School Boards are expecting more such students to register throughout the year.
- Athletigen Technologies Inc., a Halifax-based company which builds software to analyze the DNA of athletes, expects to add to its 25-person workforce and hire specialists in disciplines including genomics, physiology, and data science
- Chain-Yard Cider is expected to open a cidery on Agricola Street in Halifax in the winter of 2017. The business, which has not yet chosen an operating name, will produce cider and likely include a lounge or pub.
- The Scotia Atlantic Biomass wood pellet plant in Middle Musquodoboit has closed due to current declines for the product, and about 16 employees are affected
- Compass Distilling, plans to open for business by March 2017 at the former Nauss Bicycle Shop location in North End Halifax. The distillery is looking to hire a head distiller.
- Date Modified: