Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2016
- Southwest Properties and New Castle Hotels & Resorts announced it will build a new $40M Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn on Fyne Lane in Dartmouth Crossing. The hotel is expected to open in the autumn of 2018 and will have 190 rooms and a pool.
- Halifax-based drug research firm Appili Therapeutics Inc. has recently increased its staff to 13 workers, and may eventually employ up to 20. The company is hoping to find biotechnical workers with a Nova Scotia connection who may be working elsewhere.
- The construction of the IKEA store currently underway in Dartmouth Crossing will support 450 jobs over the course of the project. Bird Construction, Atlantica Mechanical Contractors and Brewster Well Drilling are among several companies involved in the project. The store is expected to employ 350 people when completed in 2017.
- Dartmouth-based PCL Constructors Canada Inc. has been awarded the contract for a major expansion and renovation of the Dartmouth General Hospital. The work is valued at between $132M and $138M, and is expected to begin in the spring of 2017.
- Dalhousie University will begin a $64M project in the spring of 2017 to construct two new academic structures for its engineering and architecture faculty near the existing Sexton campus
- An echocardiography service has been added to St. Martha's Regional Hospital in Antigonish. One ultrasound sonographer will join the staff, and the service may be expanded further in the future.
- A shortage of highly-skilled cooks and qualified kitchen staff continues to create staffing difficulties in the local food service industry, according to some Halifax-area restaurant owners
- Banc Group will construct a Tim Hortons restaurant and gas station at the Halifax Exhibition Centre, with an anticipated opening in late 2017
- CANSA, an Amherst-based career development and employment services organization serving Cumberland County, has opened a satellite office in Springhill
- Date modified: