Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Chemists in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- The Hamachi chain of restaurants has reopened two of the four restaurants it recently closed in the Halifax area as part of its restructuring. The Morris Street and Bedford locations will remain closed, while the Young Street and Bishop's Landing locations have reopened.
- East of Grafton Tavern, Verano, and 244 are among several restaurants to open recently in the Halifax area, while House of Mei Mei, on the Bedford highway, has closed. A bakery, Patty Cakes, will soon open in Sackville, and 2 Cross Brewing will open a brewery in the fall of 2016 in north end Halifax.
- Lockheed Martin Canada has been awarded a $14.5M contract to maintain and upgrade the weapon control systems on Canada's fleet of Victoria-class submarines. Some of the work will take place at the company's Dartmouth facility.
- A 16-month, $23M renovation project at the Dartmouth Sportsplex will begin in June 2017. The facility will remain closed during the project, and reopen in the fall of 2018.
- The design phase for the $65M Cogswell Interchange redevelopment project in Halifax will take about a year after a consultant is hired. That will be followed, beginning in 2017, with a four year demolition phase of the existing street network, and then a redevelopment period which could take 13 more years.
- Date Modified: