Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for College and Other Vocational Instructors in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for College and Other Vocational Instructors (NOC 4131) in the Cape Breton region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 07 - Dec 11, 2015
- Cape Breton Business College will offer a medical laboratory assistant program beginning in January 2016 in Sydney. The college has noticed labour market shortages of such workers and indicates that graduates could work across various industries.
- North Sydney-based Mactech Distance Education, a private career college that offers online courses to students across Canada, will close once current students complete their courses. The college currently employs 36 workers.
- The Cape Breton-Victoria School Board will eliminate 62.5 positions due to declining enrolments. Of the positions, 48.5 will be absorbed by attrition, but 14 teacher assistants will receive layoff notices.
- The Canadian Blood Services will close its blood donor clinic in Sydney in May. The closure will affect the jobs of 10 part-time employees.
- Date Modified: