Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Authors and Writers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Authors and Writers (NOC 5121) in the Cape Breton region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 18 - Jan 22, 2016
- Construction is nearing completion on the $19M sports complex in the Cape Breton First Nations community of Membertou, and a summer 2016 opening is anticipated
- Fit for Life, a women's health and fitness club, is expected to open by mid-December on Vulcan Avenue in Sydney. Two personal trainers, a yoga instructor, and two receptionists will staff the centre.
- A second course at Cabot Links golf resort in Inverness is scheduled to officially open in 2016 with some limited play in 2015. The course will be known as Cabot Cliffs, and will bring staffing levels at the resort to 180 employees.
- Date Modified: