Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
Currently the chances of qualified Executive Housekeepers finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Executive housekeepers are usually employed by hospitals and larger accommodation facilities. Some positions are seasonal in the accommodation industry.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Executive Housekeepers in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Executive Housekeepers (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 30 - Jul 04, 2014
- Premium Seafood has reopened its seafood store in Arichat, creating two jobs. Fire had destroyed the company's store and fish plant in 2013. There are plans to begin construction of a new plant in the fall of 2014.
- A Giant Tiger store will open in August in Sydney and is looking to hire 30 employees
- Sydney-based Marcato Digital Solutions Ltd., which designs and sells software for musicians and festival operators, is looking to add four software developers to its team of 13. Due to difficulty attracting talent, the company is considering hiring developers in other parts of the world who would work remotely.
- The Mebertou First Nation has started construction on an $18M sports facility, which will include two pads of ice, an indoor walking track, and a community fitness centre
- Sydney-based Billdidit Inc., in partnership with Sabian Ltd., has received a $500,000 loan through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency to establish a facility for the production of drum accessories in Sydport Industrial Park. The project is anticipated to create 20 jobs, and up to 40 over the next five years.
- The Dancing Goat Café and Bakery in Margaree, which closed its operations in March, will reopen in June under a new ownership
- Date Modified: