Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 01 - Sep 05, 2014
- Sydney's Billdidit Inc. has temporarily laid off 16 of its 18 employees, citing issues with funding. The company received a $500,000 loan from the federal government in June.
- Cape Breton Bivalve Inc. has received a $500,000 loan from the federal government to upgrade and expand its mussel farming operation in St. Ann's Harbour and North Sydney
- The Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design has received $430,900 in funding from the federal government, through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency's Business Development Program, for marketing and facility upgrades
- Finewood Flooring Limited, a Middle River-based hardwood flooring company, has closed and laid off its workers. There were up to 18 people working at the plant during peak periods. The company indicates it had no reliable, year-round supply of wood.
- According to the Cape Breton Building Trades Association, construction activity in Cape Breton is the slowest it has been in 20 years, and the majority of union members are either without work or have had to go west to find jobs
- Australia-based Liquefied Natural Gas Ltd. will purchase an abandoned gas export site near Port Hawkesbury. If the plans to develop a storage facility materialize, 45-75 direct, 175 indirect, and 600-700 construction jobs would be created.
- According to local unions and partners, the Maritime Link hydroelectric project will provide a boost to Cape Breton's construction industry, and slow down the out-migration of workers. Agreements have recently been reached between the partners on wages and benefits for workers who will be involved in the project.
- Date Modified: