Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Belgiumtown, Bras d'Or, Bridgeport, Caledonia, Centreville Reserve Mines, Dominion, East Slope, Florence, Gannon Road, Glace Bay, Havenside, Hub, Kaneville, Little Bras d'Or, Louisbourg, McKays Corner, McLeods Crossing, Morien Hill, New Aberdeen, New Victoria, New Waterford, North Sydney, Passchendaele, Reserve Mines, Reserve Rows, River Ryan, Scotchtown, Steeles Hill, Sterling, Sydney Mines, Table Head, Tomkinsville
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- Finewood Flooring Limited, a Middle River-based hardwood flooring company, has closed and laid off its workers. There were up to 18 people working at the plant during peak periods. The company indicates it had no reliable, year-round supply of wood.
- According to the Cape Breton Building Trades Association, construction activity in Cape Breton is the slowest it has been in 20 years, and the majority of union members are either without work or have had to go west to find jobs
- Australia-based Liquefied Natural Gas Ltd. will purchase an abandoned gas export site near Port Hawkesbury. If the plans to develop a storage facility materialize, 45-75 direct, 175 indirect, and 600-700 construction jobs would be created.
- According to local unions and partners, the Maritime Link hydroelectric project will provide a boost to Cape Breton's construction industry, and slow down the out-migration of workers. Agreements have recently been reached between the partners on wages and benefits for workers who will be involved in the project.
- The Giant Tiger store that will open in August in Sydney received 600 job applications for the 40 available positions
- New Waterford-based Health Outcomes Worldwide, a patient-monitoring technology company, has signed a contract to provide services to long-term care facilities in Alberta. The company sees the deal as significant in terms of long-term growth.
- Date Modified: