Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 20 - Oct 24, 2014
- Slyce, a Toronto-based IT firm which creates software to add to devices such as smartphones, projects to create 450 jobs over five years at its New Waterford facility with the assistance of a provincial payroll rebate program. Most of the jobs will be for data specialists and customer support personnel.
- The Membertou Sports and Wellness Centre, which will include two ice surfaces, a sports retail shop, and concessions, will be constructed in Membertou. The opening is expected to take place in early 2016.
- Embers Southern BBQ, which had operated as a takeout on Prince Street in Sydney until July 2013, has reopened on Charlotte Street. The new operation includes sit-down service and wait staff.
- Sydney's Billdidit Inc. has temporarily laid off 16 of its 18 employees, citing issues with funding. The company received a $500,000 loan from the federal government in June.
- Cape Breton Bivalve Inc. has received a $500,000 loan from the federal government to upgrade and expand its mussel farming operation in St. Ann's Harbour and North Sydney
- The Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design has received $430,900 in funding from the federal government, through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency's Business Development Program, for marketing and facility upgrades
- Date Modified: