Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Cape Breton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Cape Breton Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 03 - Nov 07, 2014
- The $20M Marine Atlantic ferry terminal project in North Sydney is on track to be completed by the spring of 2015. About 80 local tradespeople have been involved in its construction at peak periods.
- Tim Hortons in Cheticamp will close before the end of 2014, as the company doesn't consider it financially viable to continue to operate the restaurant. Twenty workers will be affected.
- The Sydney Co-op Food Market will close in November, and 31 employees will lose their jobs. Competition from other retailers has hurt the business in recent times.
- Sykes Inc. will close its call centre in Sydney at the end of January 2015 due to market conditions, affecting 130 workers. The company indicates some employees might be offered a chance to work as home-based agents.
- Slyce, a Toronto-based IT firm which creates software to add to devices such as smartphones, projects to create 450 jobs over five years at its New Waterford facility with the assistance of a provincial payroll rebate program. Most of the jobs will be for data specialists and customer support personnel.
- The Membertou Sports and Wellness Centre, which will include two ice surfaces, a sports retail shop, and concessions, will be constructed in Membertou. The opening is expected to take place in early 2016.
- Embers Southern BBQ, which had operated as a takeout on Prince Street in Sydney until July 2013, has reopened on Charlotte Street. The new operation includes sit-down service and wait staff.
- Date Modified: