Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Personnel Clerks in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Personnel Clerks (NOC 1442) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 28 - Oct 02, 2015
- The new $9M Taber Health Centre opened on September 28, following two years of renovations to the former long-term care wing at the hospital. The facility consolidates a number of local health care services.
- Love That Look, a fashion and accessory retail store in Medicine Hat, is closing shop after being in operation for 18 months. The store owner attributes the closing in part to layoffs in the local energy sector.
- The Valley Pet Hospital, a veterinary clinic operating in Medicine Hat since 1973, has permanently closed its doors. All of the medical files have been transferred to Crossroads Animal Clinic.
- Montana's Cookhouse is opening in Brooks, with an official confirmation from the company after 18 months of speculation. Although a timeframe was not provided, the restaurant is recruiting a General Manager.
- The City of Medicine Hat selected three different contractors to complete road and sewer projects that were left in limbo when the previous contractor was terminated. Portions of the $5.8M in work will be completed before freeze-up, with any remainder scheduled for 2016.
- Smitty's Restaurant in Centre Village Mall in Lethbridge is closing after 44 years of operation to make way for a new Save-on-Foods grocery store. Approximately 20 employees will be affected by the closure.
- Ward Brothers Construction announced a $200,000 donation to the new trades facility project currently underway at Lethbridge College. The donation will fund two additional classrooms in the facility, expected to open in 2017.
- Local businesses in Medicine Hat are offering shuttle transportation services to the newly opened Canalta Centre in the city, due to a lack of parking. The centre has seating for 6,500 people, but only 1,300 sanctioned general parking spots within a five-minute walk.
- The official groundbreaking was recently held for the $30M Crossings development in west Lethbridge. The retail phase of the development is set to open in the summer of 2016, while a mixed-use phase will include medical and dental offices, financial institutions, veterinarians, and hair and nail salons.
- The City of Medicine Hat terminated its relationship with ICCU Construction over delays in projects currently in progress. The city is seeking a new contractor to complete the work, including a major downtown renovation.
- Park Place Meadow Ridge Seniors Village in Medicine Hat is in the final phases of interior construction, with landscaping and perimeter fencing to follow. The site will provide 80 long-term care beds and 44 assisted living suites.
- Shop Easy Foods in Claresholm will close at the end of October 2015, following a decision by the parent Loblaw Companies Limited. The Supervalu store in Blairmore is also scheduled to close by July 2016, although an exact date was not provided.
- Axia FibreNet started construction on a next generation fibre optic network in Nobleford. The company plans to start with residential and business connections in the community in the fall of 2015, and then expand across rural Alberta.
- Date Modified: