Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Personnel clerks assist personnel officers and human resources specialists and compile, maintain and process information relating to staffing, recruitment, training, labour relations, performance evaluations and classifications. They are employed in personnel departments throughout the private and public sectors.
classification clerk – human resources, employment clerk, human resources assistant, human resources clerk, labour relations clerk, personnel services clerk, staffing clerk, training clerk.
- Process, verify and register documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications
- Maintain and update manual and computerized filing and registration systems, and compile and prepare reports and documents relating to personnel activities
- Respond to telephone and written enquiries from staff and the general public regarding personnel matters
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, assist in screening and rating of job applicants, and conduct reference checks
- Administer and score employment tests, such as keyboarding and proofreading tests
- Arrange for in-house and external training activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Personnel Clerks in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- Medicine Hat School District No. 76 is seeking a private operator to run its Herald School Daycare Program, the fourth and final school-based program to be privatized
- The Government of Alberta is investing in the Backcountry Trail Flood Rehabilitation Program to repair areas damaged in the June 2013 floods in the Crowsnest Pass, including salaries, signage, and bridge building
- Funding from the Government of Alberta will create 184 new spaces at the University of Lethbridge over the next four years, including a new program in Aboriginal Health
- The Medicine Hat Women's Shelter will be hiring additional workers and providing six new emergency beds at the Phoenix Safe House
- Construction will start this spring on a water park in Taber, after Town Council agreed to assume responsibility for ownership and operation of the splash park
- The Municipal District of Taber, the Town of Taber, and Community Futures Chinook, are proposing to jointly fund a full-time Economic Development Officer position for the region
- The City of Medicine Hat has revealed plans for a $30M mixed commercial and residential development consisting of two towers in the downtown core
- The Kainai Corrections Society, in Standoff, is closing its minimum-security facility because of a lack of funding. Probation, court worker, crime prevention services and an elders program will continue, but 12 employees lost their jobs.
- The Village of Duchess is planning to have a new recreation centre in place by the fall of 2014, after a fire destroyed the previous structure in November 2012
- Alberta Health Services is adding 40 beds for residential seniors care in Medicine Hat
- The City of Lethbridge has decided to cease providing curbside tree chipping services, in effect since 1995, and instead direct the material to recycling centres
- Lethbridge City Council is moving ahead with the development of a $55M leisure pool centre and is seeking a general contractor to manage the project
- The HealthWORX Medical Clinic in Medicine Hat is expanding to provide space for two new physicians, an on-site pharmacy and the Lung Wellness Centre
- The Town of Vauxhall has terminated the employment of the Chief Administrative Officer and is currently searching for a replacement. The town council made a decision to take the town in a different direction, necessitating replacement of the employee.
- Construction is expected to start as soon as the ground thaws this spring on a 50-seat restaurant and hotel development in Coleman
- Lambourne Environmental, based in Red Deer, has been awarded a $2.36M contract to dispose of bio-solids from the City of Lethbridge's sewage treatment plant
- The Park Place Shopping Centre, in Lethbridge, will see a new combined Dairy Queen and Orange Julius restaurant opening in April, and a Pandora store is expected in the fall of 2014
- The Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce and Career Transitions are holding the second annual Opportunity Knocks career fair on April 8, 2014
- Clark Builders has started construction on the Park Place Meadow Ridge Seniors Village, in Medicine Hat, after numerous delays postponed development of the $18.5M facility
- CHS, a U.S. based farmer-owned cooperative, has agreed to purchase Agrium assets in Medicine Hat, Vauxhall, and Bow Island, as part of a larger Canadian acquisition
- The Town of Nanton is seeking a new chief administrative officer following the early release of the current employee, whose contract would have expired in 2016
- Date Modified: