Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes agricultural and bio-resource engineers, biomedical engineers, engineering physicists and engineering scientists, marine and naval engineers, textile engineers and other specialized engineering occupations which are not classified elsewhere.
agricultural engineer, bio-resource engineer, biomedical engineer, engineering physicist, engineering scientist, food processing engineer, marine engineer, naval architect, naval engineer, textile engineer.
- Agricultural and bio-resource engineers design and develop machinery, structures, equipment and systems related to agriculture and food processing.
- Biomedical engineers design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment and procedures; develop devices to assist persons with disabilities; advise hospital administrators on planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment; and modify and install or supervise installation of equipment.
- Engineering physicists and engineering scientists conduct research, develop processes, programs and equipment to expand fundamental knowledge in the applied sciences and engineering and to support advanced engineering and scientific applications.
- Marine and naval engineers design and develop marine vessels and floating structures and associated marine power plants, propulsion systems and related systems and equipment and oversee the building, maintenance and repair of vessels and marine systems.
- Textile engineers design and develop processes, equipment and procedures for the production of fibres, yarns and textiles.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Professional Engineers, n.e.c. in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region was 48 years.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 14 - Apr 18, 2014
- The City of Lethbridge has awarded a $688,000 contract to AECOM Canada Ltd. of Calgary for structural design work related to bridge and pedestrian projects over the next several years
- The University of Lethbridge has launched the Canadian Centre for Research in Advanced Fluorine Technologies as a research hub for scientists, students and industry
- The Government of Alberta is investing $2M in synthetic biology research at the University of Lethbridge
- Date Modified: