Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed.
architect, architectural standards specialist, chief architect, consulting architect, industrial and commercial buildings architect, residential architect.
- Consult with clients to determine type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
- Prepare sketches and models for clients
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
- Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
- Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
- Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
Architects may specialize in a particular type of construction such as residential, commercial, industrial or institutional.
Outlook & Prospects for Architects in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 03 - Feb 07, 2014
- The University of Lethbridge has launched the Canadian Centre for Research in Advanced Fluorine Technologies as a research hub for scientists, students and industry
- The Government of Alberta is investing $2M in synthetic biology research at the University of Lethbridge
- Date Modified: