Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 06 - Feb 10, 2017
- The Government of Alberta is providing $350,000 over two years for the Apex business incubator in Medicine Hat, the first to be approved under the Alberta Entrepreneurship Incubator Program
- The Government of Canada is providing approximately $4.8M for ten community projects in southern Alberta
- The Government of Alberta has created two protected areas in southwestern Alberta, the Castle Wildland Provincial Park and the Castle Provincial Park. The government anticipates that 44 jobs will be created in the process.
- The County of Newell has decided to award a $1.67M contract to Scott Builders to construct a new equipment shed. The facility is designed to last up to 60 years and will house large county equipment.
- The County of Newell has awarded the 2017 contract for studies, project management, inspection and geotechnical testing of rural paved roads and bridge designs to Amec Foster Wheeler
- Lethbridge College is opening a regional campus in Pincher Creek. The campus officially became part of the college community last year after it signed a collaborative agreement with the college and five community partners.
- Lethbridge School District No. 51 held its first ever job fair on December 19, 2016. Open opportunities included positions for educational assistants, caretakers and teachers.
- Date modified: