Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists' Assistants in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists' Assistants (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth, which will generate new job opportunities. In addition, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region was 44 years and 31% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- Alberta Health Services plans to close the Medicine Hat Diagnostic Laboratory in March 2017, with the transitioning of services to the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in October 2016. The closure and move could affect up to 70 employees.
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $3.7M contract to MJB Enterprises for the first phase of the Harlow area flood protection work
- The Newell Regional Economic Development Initiative is considering the development of a barrier free transportation corridor to facilitate the movement of restricted high and wide loads from local manufacturers
- The Municipal District of Pincher Creek has signed a contract with Tough Country Communications for $266,000 to construct four towers that will comprise a wireless broadband network
- Axia NetMedia Corporation is expecting to complete construction on a fibre optic internet network in Vulcan, available to both residential and business customers, by early 2015
- The City of Brooks has committed $18.5M to the renovation of the Lakeside Leisure Centre and demolition of the attached Centennial Arena, with the work expected to be completed by 2016
- The University of Lethbridge has announced that PCL Construction Management of Calgary will lead the construction of a new science and academic building on campus
- Date Modified: