Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists' Assistants in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists' Assistants (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth, which will generate new job opportunities. In addition, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region was 44 years and 31% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 09 - Mar 13, 2015
- The Victory Silica Plant near Medicine Hat has fallen behind on production in 2014, partly due to staff turnover, but anticipates reaching its targets by the end of 2015. The company expects that demand for fracking sand will rebound.
- The Town of Redcliff will have a family doctor in the community effective April 1, 2015, after several years without a physician. Employees have been hired for the medical office and renovations to the facility are nearing completion. The town physician recruitment and retention committee is seeking additional doctors for the community.
- Lowe's, a U.S. home improvement company, expects to hire up to 140 year-round positions and another 40 to 50 seasonal jobs for its new store in Lethbridge, which opens in spring 2015
- Miclex Construction will rebuild the outdoor Henderson Pool in Lethbridge following a decision from the City of Lethbridge to fund the $10.25M project. Construction is scheduled to start in the spring of 2015, with completion by May 2016.
- The Town of Redcliff has approved pay increases for its fire department to achieve compensation parity with similar communities. The town currently has 21 firefighters.
- Princess Auto, an equipment and tool retailer, opened a store in Medicine Hat on February 17, 2015
- Castle Mountain Resort, a ski hill near Pincher Creek, has closed early for the season due to a lack of snow, a problem that has affected the mountain in previous years
- Date Modified: