Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 19 - Dec 23, 2016
- Lethbridge School District No. 51 held its first ever job fair on December 19, 2016. Open opportunities included positions for educational assistants, caretakers and teachers.
- Cavendish Farms will begin construction of a new $350M frozen potato processing plant in Lethbridge in spring 2017. The new facility will more than double the processing capacity at the Lethbridge facility.
- The Kainai Marketplace, a new $6.2M community-owned grocery store, opened on the Blood Reserve on December 2. The store employs 23 Blood Tribe members, and one non-member.
- The City of Medicine Hat is closing the Medicine Hat Arena and the Heald Pool in spring 2017. The closures are part of a plan to cut $1M from the city budget.
- Axia has started construction on its fiber optic network expansion project in Pincher Creek. The company estimates that the project will be complete by spring 2017.
- Axia has started installation of a fiber optic network in Fort McLeod that will bring high-speed Internet services to the community. The work is scheduled to be completed in approximately six months.
- The Municipal District of Taber has accepted a tender of $6.8M from Wallace Construction to build a new maintenance and operations building. Construction is expected to begin in spring 2017 and should be completed by summer 2018.
- Date modified: