Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2016
- Martin Chrysler's new building in Brooks, which currently under construction, is scheduled to open in spring 2017. Most of the work on the project has been completed by local contractors. The dealership owners anticipate that the expansion will allow for an increase staffing levels.
- The Alberta Union of Provincial Employees recently filed an application for a strike vote on behalf of the 120 workers at the Edith Cavell Care Centre in Lethbridge. The employees have been without a contract for nearly one year.
- Legacy Gate, a $7M commercial development in Lethbridge, is scheduled to open in spring 2017. Businesses for the site, confirmed to date, include Tim Hortons, a Petro-Canada station, a 7-Eleven convenience store, and a Jetz car wash.
- Pizza Hut has reopened in Brooks as a take-out and delivery format restaurant. A previous Pizza Hut location closed in 2011.
- Medicine Hat School District No. 76 is planning to add more modular classrooms to several schools by September 2017 to cope with increased student enrolment, pending approval from the Government of Alberta
- Medicine Hat College held its annual Career Expo on October 19, with over 40 exhibitors providing information on available careers and career pathways
- Date modified: