Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Medical Laboratory Technologists and Pathologists' Assistants (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2016
- Alberta Health Services and the Newell Foundation are partnering to build 34 long-term care and dementia spaces as well as 40 lodge spaces for seniors in Bassano
- Medicine Hat School District No. 76 held a sod turning ceremony for Dr. Ken Sauer School on October 7, 2016. The new school is scheduled to open in September 2017.
- Alberta Health Services filled 10 open physician positions in the Medicine Hat area for 2016/17. The region also requires eight rural medicine doctors.
- Lethbridge College experienced a 15% spike in new student enrolment this year. The college attributes part of the increase to mature learners who are looking for a career change.
- The planned closure of Teck's Coal Mountain operations in BC by the end of 2017 will likely impact about 94 employees in Alberta
- The Municipal District of Willow Creek approved a development permit for a medical marijuana facility in Claresholm. The $15M facility is scheduled to have a greenhouse, offices and processing areas.
- Lethbridge College received $200,000 from Deltec Power to help create the Deltec Power Electrical Lab, a state-of-the-art classroom. The facility is slated to open in August 2017.
- Contempora Construction has been awarded a $4.8M contract to build a new municipal works office building in Medicine Hat
- The City of Medicine Hat has voted to borrow up to $10.2M for reconstruction and expansion of the Veiner Centre. Completion is scheduled for 2018.
- Date modified: