Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Denturists (NOC 3221) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 09 - Jan 13, 2017
- The County of Newell has decided to award a $1.67M contract to Scott Builders to construct a new equipment shed. The facility is designed to last up to 60 years and will house large county equipment.
- The County of Newell has awarded the 2017 contract for studies, project management, inspection and geotechnical testing of rural paved roads and bridge designs to Amec Foster Wheeler
- Lethbridge College is opening a regional campus in Pincher Creek. The campus officially became part of the college community last year after it signed a collaborative agreement with the college and five community partners.
- Lethbridge School District No. 51 held its first ever job fair on December 19, 2016. Open opportunities included positions for educational assistants, caretakers and teachers.
- Cavendish Farms will begin construction of a new $350M frozen potato processing plant in Lethbridge in spring 2017. The new facility will more than double the processing capacity at the Lethbridge facility.
- The Kainai Marketplace, a new $6.2M community-owned grocery store, opened on the Blood Reserve on December 2. The store employs 23 Blood Tribe members, and one non-member.
- The City of Medicine Hat is closing the Medicine Hat Arena and the Heald Pool in spring 2017. The closures are part of a plan to cut $1M from the city budget.
- Date modified: