Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline and rebase dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May prepare partial dentures.
Outlook & Prospects for Denturists in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- The Potato Growers of Alberta have partnered with three local potato processors, providing $1M over five years to fund research in potato science at the University of Lethbridge
- Alberta Infrastructure is moving forward with an 18-bed Residential Detox Centre in Medicine Hat. The $7.1M facility is scheduled to open by the end of 2015.
- The Government of Alberta, through the Building Alberta Plan, is providing $21M for irrigation infrastructure projects as part of a cost-sharing program with 13 irrigation districts
- The Taber Juice and Dry Grocery Plant, located in Taber, is scheduled to close permanently on August 29, 2014, resulting in the loss of 38 full-time positions
- The Town of Coaldale is moving to switch police services from the Lethbridge Regional Police Service to a contract with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, following approval from the Government of Alberta
- Lethbridge City Council has approved $1.48M for the next phase of construction on the Lethbridge Regional Police Services Headquarters renovations
- A $6.8M contract to upgrade and widen 43rd Street North in Lethbridge was recently awarded to deGraaf Excavating
- The University of Lethbridge and Lethbridge College have jointly received a $5M private donation to establish the Cor Van Raay Southern Alberta Agribusiness Program
- The City of Lethbridge has awarded a $2.1M contract to McNally Construction to help develop the Lethbridge Transit Site
- Date Modified: