Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations (NOC 7211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
The current downturn in the provincial economy, caused by low oil prices, has reduced demand for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 27 - Jul 01, 2016
- Medicine Hat School District No. 76 is adding ten full-time certified teaching staff for the 2016-17 year. The number of educational assistants will be reduced by eight full-time positions.
- The Government of Alberta is providing $596,315 to the County of Forty Mile to support design work for the water supply line to the hamlets of Etzikom and Manyberries
- The Government of Alberta is providing $448,832 to the Municipal District of Pincher Creek for detailed design work to expand the local water supply
- The Government of Alberta is providing $958,171 to the Town of Milk River for the development of a treated waterline from the town to the Village of Coutts and upgrades to the water-treatment plant
- The Chinook Regional Hospital in Lethbridge completed a $135M project that adds a new five-storey wing to the hospital and expansion of the emergency department
- The University of Lethbridge was awarded $2.2M by the Natural Resources and Engineering Research Council of Canada to support research projects
- The Town of Taber is receiving approximately $560,000 from the Government of Alberta for upgrades to waste treatment and drinking water plants
- Axia is expanding its fibre optic network to Pincher Creek
- The City of Lethbridge opened the new South Recycling Station. The site is the final step in centralizing all recycling stations within the city.
- The first medical cannabis clinic in Medicine Hat is scheduled to open on July 4, 2016. Medical cannabis will not be dispensed at the clinic but patients will access the product from other medical cannabis suppliers.
- The Southridge YMCA in Medicine Hat is moving ahead with a $1.2M expansion
- The Swiss Pub Grill in Pincher Creek closed after 31 years of operation. A new Greek restaurant is expected to take over the site in the summer of 2016.
- Renovations are underway to create 15 condominium units above the former Woolworth's store in Lethbridge and four commercial spaces at street level
- Integra Air is starting regularly scheduled air service between Medicine Hat and Edmonton in September 2016
- Date Modified: