Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations (NOC 7211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
The current downturn in the provincial economy, caused by low oil prices, has reduced demand for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 11 - Apr 15, 2016
- Hertz Equipment Rentals, an industrial equipment rental firm, has closed its office in Medicine Hat
- Redcliff Stake and Lath, a Medicine Hat company that builds and sells survey stakes and wooden reels, was recently destroyed by a fire
- Construction has started on the $40M Masterpiece Southland Meadows seniors residence in Medicine Hat. The project is expected to create about 250 jobs during the construction phase. According to the owners, 150 permanent jobs will be created when the facility will open in late fall 2017.
- Jobs R Us, an employment services company, has opened in Brooks
- The Town of Claresholm is receiving $5.325M for stormwater management and flood mitigation projects from the Government of Alberta
- Lethbridge College has teamed with AGCO Corporation and Hanlon Ag Centre to ensure their agriculture and heavy equipment apprenticeship students have access to up-to-date training and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Alberta Health Services plans to open 12 more supportive living spaces in Lethbridge in April 2016. Another 24 local spaces are being planned for 2017.
- Millennium Stimulation Services has closed its shop in Dunmore and ceased major operations in the Medicine Hat area. Gas Drive, a compressor company, has also closed its local office but plans to maintain a core staff for customer service.
- The YMCA Employment Centre in Medicine Hat is reporting increased demand for their services, particularly from older workers who were previously employed in the energy sector
- Date Modified: