Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations (NOC 7211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 17 - Aug 21, 2015
- London Drugs, a Save-on-Foods grocery store and other new retail outlets are expected to open in the fall of 2016 at Centre Village Mall in Lethbridge. The site is slated for $26M in upgrades, and new construction for a stand-alone Dollar Tree store.
- Red Crow Community College plans to move its classes to the old Saipoyi School in Standoff following a recent fire that destroyed the college building on the Blood Reserve. The college employs 50 staff and has nearly 300 students.
- Cocco Pazzo, an Italian restaurant in Lethbridge, closed without notice on August 17, 2015. An unknown number of employees were left without jobs.
- The City of Medicine Hat has approved construction of a $66M second power plant to supply current and future electrical needs for the city. The project is scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2017.
- The Town of Taber has awarded a $3M contract to Ground Tech Enterprises for initial work on the Eureka Industrial Park. The work is expected to be completed by the end of 2015 or early 2016.
- Lethbridge County, the Town of Coaldale, and the St. Mary's Reservoir Irrigation District have jointly approved Phase 1 of the Malloy Drainage Basin Project to alleviate flooding in the Coaldale area. The bulk of the funding for the $3.86M construction project was provided by the Government of Alberta.
- Alberta Health Services is opening 12 new beds in a range of units at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital to cope with the number of seniors in acute care beds. The facility is proposing to use casual staff to support the additional beds.
- Crossings, a retail and residential development in Lethbridge, has identified the first tenants at the site. Rexall Drugs, Tim Hortons, Original Joe's and a No-Frills supermarket are planned for the summer of 2016.
- Date Modified: