Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations (NOC 7211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 21 - Sep 25, 2015
- The City of Medicine Hat selected three different contractors to complete road and sewer projects that were left in limbo when the previous contractor was terminated. Portions of the $5.8M in work will be completed before freeze-up, with any remainder scheduled for 2016.
- Smitty's Restaurant in Centre Village Mall in Lethbridge is closing after 44 years of operation to make way for a new Save-on-Foods grocery store. Approximately 20 employees will be affected by the closure.
- Ward Brothers Construction announced a $200,000 donation to the new trades facility project currently underway at Lethbridge College. The donation will fund two additional classrooms in the facility, expected to open in 2017.
- Local businesses in Medicine Hat are offering shuttle transportation services to the newly opened Canalta Centre in the city, due to a lack of parking. The centre has seating for 6,500 people, but only 1,300 sanctioned general parking spots within a five-minute walk.
- The official groundbreaking was recently held for the $30M Crossings development in west Lethbridge. The retail phase of the development is set to open in the summer of 2016, while a mixed-use phase will include medical and dental offices, financial institutions, veterinarians, and hair and nail salons.
- The City of Medicine Hat terminated its relationship with ICCU Construction over delays in projects currently in progress. The city is seeking a new contractor to complete the work, including a major downtown renovation.
- Park Place Meadow Ridge Seniors Village in Medicine Hat is in the final phases of interior construction, with landscaping and perimeter fencing to follow. The site will provide 80 long-term care beds and 44 assisted living suites.
- Shop Easy Foods in Claresholm will close at the end of October 2015, following a decision by the parent Loblaw Companies Limited. The Supervalu store in Blairmore is also scheduled to close by July 2016, although an exact date was not provided.
- Axia FibreNet started construction on a next generation fibre optic network in Nobleford. The company plans to start with residential and business connections in the community in the fall of 2015, and then expand across rural Alberta.
- The City of Medicine Hat is proposing private operation of public facilities as a model for future developments in the city. The new Canalta Centre, built along the same model, will have 20 full-time staff, and 125 event and game night employees of SMG-Canada.
- Medicine Hat College has experienced a four percent increase in applications for the upcoming school year. The college is also expecting an increase in applicant numbers for the pre-employment programs, as they are now eligible for access to Alberta Student Loans.
- Construction has started on a $37M modernization of Medicine Hat High School. The second part of the project is slated to be tendered shortly, but the completion date has been postponed from April 30, 2017 to September, 2017.
- Sun Life Financial is emptying its Lethbridge building and the 200 employees will instead be tele-working from home. The changes are expected to be complete by March or April of 2016. The company has not disclosed plans for the future of the Sun Life owned building.
- Amron Construction has been awarded a $6.05M contract to build a new school in Schuler for the Prairie Rose School Division. The contract includes costing out for hazardous materials abatement and the demolition of the existing building.
- Date Modified: