Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, millwrighting and elevator installation trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in unit groups within the following minor groups: <i>Machinery and Transportation Equipment Mechanics (Except Motor Vehicle)</i> (731), <i>Automotive Service Technicians</i> (732) and <i>Other Mechanics</i> (733). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions.
contractor, heating systems, foreman/woman, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics, foreman/woman, aircraft mechanics and inspectors, foreman/woman, electrical mechanics, foreman/woman, heating systems mechanics, foreman/woman, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, foreman/woman, printing machine repairers, foreman/woman, railway car repairers, foreman/woman, railway equipment maintenance inspectors, foreman/woman, textile machine mechanics, supervisor, aircraft maintenance engineers (AME), supervisor, appliance repair shop, supervisor, industrial mechanics, supervisor, motor vehicle repair shop, supervisor, small-engine repair shop.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who repair and maintain aircraft, railway locomotives and cars, industrial machinery and equipment, construction and other heavy equipment, textile equipment, printing machines, heating equipment and furnaces, transformers and other electrical equipment, motor vehicles, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment, electric appliances and other equipment, such as motorcycles, outboard motors and snowmobiles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 05 - May 09, 2014
- GoldenKey Oil Inc. has withdrawn its plans to drill for oil on lands within Lethbridge city limits, following opposition from the community
- Weatherford Wireline has closed its Medicine Hat operations effective April 7, 2014, impacting approximately 30 employees
- Millennium Stimulation Services, a hydraulic fracturing company in Dunmore, is hiring at least 30 additional employees
- Baker Hughes has closed its cement and pumping operations in Medicine Hat effective April 11, 2014, affecting an estimated 200 employees
- Shell Canada has received approval from the Energy Resources Conservation Board to construct two pipelines and a gas well battery in the Beaver Mines area
- Halliburton is closing its Medicine Hat facility on April 16, 2013. The 200 employees at the site are being offered severance packages or transfers to Halliburton¿s Regina location.
- Date Modified: