Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be fair for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades (NOC 7216) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region. Compared to all other occupations, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs. However, this will be partially offset by both average employment growth and number of retiring workers.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region was 45 years and 21% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 05 - Jan 09, 2015
- Enerplus Corporation has announced reduced spending in 2015, but plans to drill 23 wells and complete 28 wells in Brooks during the year
- GoldenKey Oil Inc. has withdrawn its plans to drill for oil on lands within Lethbridge city limits, following opposition from the community
- Weatherford Wireline has closed its Medicine Hat operations effective April 7, 2014, impacting approximately 30 employees
- Millennium Stimulation Services, a hydraulic fracturing company in Dunmore, is hiring at least 30 additional employees
- Baker Hughes has closed its cement and pumping operations in Medicine Hat effective April 11, 2014, affecting an estimated 200 employees
- Shell Canada has received approval from the Energy Resources Conservation Board to construct two pipelines and a gas well battery in the Beaver Mines area
- Date Modified: