Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades (NOC 7216) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2015
- MRC Global, a supplier to the oil and gas industry, is closing its office in Medicine Hat after 18 years of operation
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a three-year contract worth $1M to the Alberta Pound and Rescue Centre for animal pound services. The not-for-profit society will have local employees, including a full-time pound manager, veterinarian tech and kennel staff.
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $1.09M contract to Tiger Energy for downhole abandonment services on 400 wells. The work is expected to be complete by the end of 2016.
- Big Eagle Hydro-Vac, a regional oilfield services company, and its related companies have been placed in receivership at the request of creditors. The company operates a fleet of 400 trucks, nitrogen service vehicles, tank haulers and other pieces of specialized equipment.
- Date Modified: