Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be fair for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades (NOC 7216) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region. Compared to all other occupations, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs. However, this will be partially offset by both average employment growth and number of retiring workers.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region was 45 years and 21% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 23 - Mar 27, 2015
- Trican Well Service is laying off employees at its Redcliff facility. The company did not disclose the number of layoffs, but stated that a substantial number of its 180 employees will be affected.
- Iron Horse Energy Services, based in Dunmore, has reduced its workforce by 15%. The layoffs were attributed to a shortage of work due to declining oil prices.
- Sanjel Corporation, a global energy services provider, has announced suspension of its Medicine Hat operations effective March 31, 2015. The closure could affect up to 150 employees, but the company stated that several employees have been offered other positions within the organization.
- Sanjel Corporation, a global energy services provider, has announced the closure of its Brooks operations effective March 31, 2015. The company did not disclose the number of affected employees.
- Enerplus Corporation has announced reduced spending in 2015, but plans to drill 23 wells and complete 28 wells in Brooks during the year
- GoldenKey Oil Inc. has withdrawn its plans to drill for oil on lands within Lethbridge city limits, following opposition from the community
- Date Modified: