Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Farmers and Farm Managers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Farmers and Farm Managers (NOC 8251) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Lantic Inc., a sugar beet processor in Taber, has announced a four-year agreement with the Alberta Sugar Beet Growers Association. The new agreement provides stability for the plant, its employees and the local community.
- The Alberta Wheat Commission and funding partners are spending $2.2M over four years for research and development projects targeting winter wheat production in southern Alberta
- The Potato Growers of Alberta have partnered with three local potato processors, providing $1M over five years to fund research in potato science at the University of Lethbridge
- The Government of Alberta, through the Building Alberta Plan, is providing $21M for irrigation infrastructure projects as part of a cost-sharing program with 13 irrigation districts
- CHS, a U.S. based farmer-owned cooperative, has agreed to purchase Agrium assets in Medicine Hat, Vauxhall, and Bow Island, as part of a larger Canadian acquisition
- Date Modified: