Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Farmers and Farm Managers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Farmers and Farm Managers (NOC 8251) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2015
- Lethbridge-based API Labs garnered support from the Government of Alberta and the Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce for a thebaine poppy processing facility. If approved, the project will produce morphine, codeine and other high-demand medications, and create at least 300 jobs.
- Ag Spectra Whole Earth Science and Technology is planning a greenhouse operation in Magrath. The Starfield Centre would use geothermal technologies for locally grown produce. The first greenhouse is expected to create the equivalent of 60 full-time jobs.
- The Alberta Trappers Association is holding their 43rd annual Rendezvous in Pincher Creek over the Canada Day weekend in 2016. The group is expecting approximately 1,500 attendees for each day of the event.
- The Valley Pet Hospital, a veterinary clinic operating in Medicine Hat since 1973, has permanently closed its doors. All of the medical files have been transferred to Crossroads Animal Clinic.
- Lantic Inc., a sugar beet processor in Taber, has announced a four-year agreement with the Alberta Sugar Beet Growers Association. The new agreement provides stability for the plant, its employees and the local community.
- Date Modified: