Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Underground Mine Service and Support Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- Princess Auto, an equipment and tool retailer, opened a store in Medicine Hat on February 17, 2015
- Castle Mountain Resort, a ski hill near Pincher Creek, has closed early for the season due to a lack of snow, a problem that has affected the mountain in previous years
- Classic Casting recently held a casting call in Fort Macleod for the mini-series Fargo, which will be filmed in the area, as well as in Calgary, until May 5, 2015
- Hopewell Developments is building a liquor store at the Northpointe Crossing Shopping Plaza in Medicine Hat, with the opening planned for late April 2015
- Alberta Health Services is hiring nursing staff, health care attendants and other health professionals for the 22 new beds at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital despite the current hiring freeze
- Tru-Co Structures, in Bow Island, has laid off 60 employees due to declining oil prices. Tru-Co manufactures skid shacks for oil and gas sites. The company is diversifying its product lines and hoping to hire back many of the affected employees.
- The Milk River Health Clinic is expecting two new physicians to be practicing in the community by the fall of 2015, following clinical assessments by Alberta Health Services. The Town of Milk River requires at least one more physician.
- Date Modified: