Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Underground Mine Service and Support Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 01 - Sep 05, 2014
- The University of Lethbridge is at capacity in enrolment for the 2014-2015 academic year in the nursing and education programs, with a record number of applicants for graduate studies
- Lethbridge Transit is changing bus routes and adding new routes to improve connections and the frequency of bus service in the city
- A recent study has concluded that almost 30% of employees in Lethbridge earn less than $15 per hour, the second highest percentage of low-wage workers among seven municipalities in Alberta
- WildCraft Brewery is set to open a craft brewery and an attached restaurant in Lethbridge by the spring of 2015
- The International House of Pancakes is opening a new restaurant in Medicine Hat Mall in 2015 and hiring up to 100 full-time employees for the location
- Alberta Infrastructure has awarded a demolition contract for the site of the new Medicine Hat Detoxification Centre to Clearview Grinding
- Lethbridge City Council has approved an additional $55M to add a field house and fitness centre to the new leisure centre complex currently under construction
- The Potato Growers of Alberta have partnered with three local potato processors, providing $1M over five years to fund research in potato science at the University of Lethbridge
- Alberta Infrastructure is moving forward with an 18-bed Residential Detox Centre in Medicine Hat. The $7.1M facility is scheduled to open by the end of 2015.
- The Government of Alberta, through the Building Alberta Plan, is providing $21M for irrigation infrastructure projects as part of a cost-sharing program with 13 irrigation districts
- Date Modified: