Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Underground Mine Service and Support Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Underground Mine Service and Support Workers (NOC 8411) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 10 - Aug 14, 2015
- The City of Medicine Hat has approved construction of a $66M second power plant to supply current and future electrical needs for the city. The project is scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2017.
- The Town of Taber has awarded a $3M contract to Ground Tech Enterprises for initial work on the Eureka Industrial Park. The work is expected to be completed by the end of 2015 or early 2016.
- Lethbridge County, the Town of Coaldale, and the St. Mary's Reservoir Irrigation District have jointly approved Phase 1 of the Malloy Drainage Basin Project to alleviate flooding in the Coaldale area. The bulk of the funding for the $3.86M construction project was provided by the Government of Alberta.
- Alberta Health Services is opening 12 new beds in a range of units at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital to cope with the number of seniors in acute care beds. The facility is proposing to use casual staff to support the additional beds.
- Crossings, a retail and residential development in Lethbridge, has identified the first tenants at the site. Rexall Drugs, Tim Hortons, Original Joe's and a No-Frills supermarket are planned for the summer of 2016.
- The Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education has approved a 2015-2016 budget that decreases 0.9 full-time equivalent teaching positions, and 0.5 full-time equivalent support staff. Learning services have increased by two full-time equivalent staff.
- Members of the Medicine Hat Co-op, and South Country Co-op have voted to joined forces and incorporate a new business on December 1, 2015. No job losses are expected. The head office of the merged cooperatives will remain in Medicine Hat.
- Date Modified: