Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Underground Mine Service and Support Workers in Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 01 - Dec 05, 2014
- Lowe's Canada is opening a new $24M store in Lethbridge in the spring of 2015. The company expects to hire 120 to 140 employees, with an additional 40 to 50 seasonal jobs at the site.
- Lethbridge School Division No. 51 has been able to hire 12.5 full-time equivalent teachers and 18 full-time equivalent support staff due to funding increases as a result of higher student enrolment. The district has also received an increase of $1.75M in maintenance and renewal funding from the Government of Alberta.
- The Newell Regional Tourism Association has recently released the Tourism Industry Study, which identifies gaps in tourist services and business opportunities within the County of Newell
- The Livingstone Range School Division plans to spend just over $2M on school infrastructure maintenance and renewal over the 2014-2015 school year. The money is spread across a range of communities and schools throughout the district.
- The City of Lethbridge recently approved $11.5M in borrowing for roadway upgrades, waterworks and sanitary sewer projects
- The Medicine Hat Police Service is accepting applications for cadets to begin training in May of 2015, with accreditation through Lethbridge Community College
- The Nanton Health Clinic is expecting two new physicians, one in December 2014 and another in January 2015, to replace two doctors who left earlier in 2014
- Alberta Health Services plans to close the Medicine Hat Diagnostic Laboratory in March 2017, with the transitioning of services to the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in October 2016. The closure and move could affect up to 70 employees.
- Date Modified: