Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 10 - Feb 14, 2014
- The Town of Blackfalds is hiring staff for the new Abbey Centre recreation facility in preparation for the March 7, 2014 opening
- Canadian University College, based in Lacombe, will be offering a nursing program to its students after an agreement was signed with Red Deer College
- Construction is expected to start in the summer of 2014 on a $17M project along 67th Avenue in Red Deer, with completion in 2015. The road will be straightened and upgraded to four lanes, with a new roundabout at the eastern terminus.
- Cities Gastro Pubs in Red Deer and Sylvan Lake have recently closed their doors. No information is available on how many staff were affected by the closures.
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Date Modified: