Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Red Deer region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Red Deer region was 53 years.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 21 - Jul 25, 2014
- Sylvan Lake is launching a $40M residential development on its northeastern bank. The first phase includes 16 villa sites and nine estate homes.
- Chinook`s Edge School Division No. 73 is partnering with Red Deer College and three local businesses to provide high school students with work experience that will also earn them college credits
- The Town of Ponoka is experiencing an increase in both commercial and residential development permit applications, both in numbers and dollar value
- The Bentley Hutterite Colony suffered a $5M loss after fire destroyed a large hog barn and killed an estimated 4,200 animals on July 7, 2014
- The City of Red Deer has signed a five-year contract with Alberta Health Services that will retain ambulance dispatch in the city, delaying a previous move by the Government of Alberta to centralize dispatch services
- The Government of Canada is providing over $2M to the City of Red Deer to implement the Housing First program, an initiative to help end homelessness
- Date Modified: