Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Red Deer region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Red Deer region was 53 years.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 23 - Mar 27, 2015
- The Government of Alberta is providing funding to improve access to high-speed internet for residents of Lacombe County and the Montana First Nation
- The Government of Alberta has announced $12.2M for a new 65-unit seniors lodge in Red Deer. The region is also receiving funding for 180 new long-term care beds and fire safety upgrades at two lodges.
- The Town of Innisfail has awarded a contract of almost $500,000 to Apollo Landscaping of Red Deer for landscape work around the Napolean Meadows subdivision
- Bilton Welding and Manufacturing is making plans to ship two 190-ft. pressure vessels to the Rimbey Gas Plant in June 2015. The vessels require up to 20 employees during construction and specialized equipment for loading and transportation.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are jointly funding a $17.6M affordable housing complex for seniors in Innisfail. The facility will consist of a 60-unit lodge and a minimum of 30 units of self-contained apartments.
- The Town of Innisfail has started construction on a new $500,000 waste transfer site. The project is expected to be complete by the end of September 2015.
- A new Fas Gas Plus station and a renovated Crestomere Store are scheduled to open by May 16, 2015, just north of Red Deer
- The Municipalities of Didsbury, Carstairs and Cremona are joining forces to recruit information technology professionals and attract service providers to the area
- ATB Financial is planning to open a banking location in Penhold by the spring of 2015, joining a hairdresser, pizza restaurant and liquor store scheduled for the same strip mall location
- Date Modified: