Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Postal and courier services managers (NOC 0132) in the Red Deer region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- Red Deer Public Schools has issued a tender for the construction of West Park Middle School. Construction of Don Campbell Elementary and St. Joseph High School are in progress and are set to open in fall 2017.
- Chinook's Edge School Division has decided to close the Chinook Centre School in Innisfail on June 30, 2017. Students and staff will transfer to École John Wilson Elementary School in September 2017.
- The City of Red Deer is eliminating staff, reducing service levels and deleting some vacant positions. The staffing reduction is equivalent to 9.75 full time equivalents comprised of permanent, temporary and casual staff across the city.
- The Government of Alberta is providing $4.8M to Red Deer College to build a new Alternative Energy Innovation Lab and for energy improvements on campus. The projects are expected to generate more than $7M of direct economic activity.
- The Government of Alberta has added $2.66M in funding for the new seniors lodge in Rimbey, bringing the total contribution to $15.96M. The facility is expected to open in September 2017.
- The Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services are expanding services at the Sylvan Lake Community Health Centre. The centre will undergo renovations this spring, with the new facility opening in 2018.
- Date modified: