Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
courier service manager, mail processing plant manager, manager, collection and delivery operations, manager, mail operations, messenger service manager, parcel processing plant manager, post office manager, postal station superintendent, production control manager – postal service.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- Sylvan Lake has been awarded Kraft Hockeyville 2014 from the National Hockey League, along with $100,000 for repairs to the community arena roof, following its collapse in January 2014
- The Town of Stettler and the County of Stettler are meeting with Internet Service Providers to discuss solutions to the limited bandwidth in the area, which is affecting business users
- The Town of Sylvan Lake is holding public meetings around a $5M borrowing proposal towards construction of a new $6.27M fire hall, and the possible purchase of an aerial fire truck
- Smithiron Earthworks will begin clearing trees in March 2014 from the site of the 12-acre Napoleon Meadows subdivision in Innisfail
- The Blindman Handi-Van Society in Rimbey is losing drivers to retirement and is running out of volunteers. Rimbey Town Council has conditionally granted funds to hire a full-time driver pending a match in funding from Ponoka County.
- Date Modified: