Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Postal and Courier Services Managers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2014-05-22|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Red Deer region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Red Deer region was 53 years.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- The Town of Ponoka and Ponoka County are set to negotiate a new fire services agreement following plans to terminate the current contract which has existed since 1979. The actions follow concerns from senior fire department officials with the town.
- The Town of Rimbey has transferred administrative duties for its fire department to Ponoka County. The county will take on ownership and administration but the firefighter duties remain unchanged.
- The Government of Alberta is providing funding to improve access to high-speed internet for residents of Lacombe County and the Montana First Nation
- The Government of Alberta has announced $12.2M for a new 65-unit seniors lodge in Red Deer. The region is also receiving funding for 180 new long-term care beds and fire safety upgrades at two lodges.
- The Town of Innisfail has awarded a contract of almost $500,000 to Apollo Landscaping of Red Deer for landscape work around the Napolean Meadows subdivision
- Bilton Welding and Manufacturing is making plans to ship two 190-ft. pressure vessels to the Rimbey Gas Plant in June 2015. The vessels require up to 20 employees during construction and specialized equipment for loading and transportation.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are jointly funding a $17.6M affordable housing complex for seniors in Innisfail. The facility will consist of a 60-unit lodge and a minimum of 30 units of self-contained apartments.
- The Town of Innisfail has started construction on a new $500,000 waste transfer site. The project is expected to be complete by the end of September 2015.
- A new Fas Gas Plus station and a renovated Crestomere Store are scheduled to open by May 16, 2015, just north of Red Deer
- Date Modified: