Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Licensed Practical Nurses in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth. This growth, in addition to a larger proportion of workers retiring, is expected to result in new employment opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Red Deer region was 43 years and 21% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 22 - Sep 26, 2014
- The Government of Alberta has reversed a previous decision to close Michener Centre, a care home for developmentally disabled individuals in Red Deer
- The Rimoka Housing Foundation is building a $15.5M affordable seniors complex in Rimbey, with construction slated to begin in the spring of 2015
- Approximately 80 nursing staff at the Bethany Care Society seniors home in Sylvan Lake have joined the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees following a vote on September 8, 2014
- The Government of Canada is providing over $2M to the City of Red Deer to implement the Housing First program, an initiative to help end homelessness
- The Government of Alberta has opened the new $42M Central Alberta Cancer Centre in Red Deer. The new facility, adjoined to the Red Deer Regional Hospital, offers increased clinical space, additional treatment rooms and outpatient counselling services.
- Date Modified: