Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Licensed Practical Nurses in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 08 - Jun 12, 2015
- The staff of the Town of Innisfail Family and Community Support Services have recently resigned over organizational changes implemented by senior management. The department is responsible for a wide array of preventive social programs in the community.
- The Government of Alberta has reversed a previous decision to close Michener Centre, a care home for developmentally disabled individuals in Red Deer
- The Rimoka Housing Foundation is building a $15.5M affordable seniors complex in Rimbey, with construction slated to begin in the spring of 2015
- Approximately 80 nursing staff at the Bethany Care Society seniors home in Sylvan Lake have joined the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees following a vote on September 8, 2014
- The Government of Canada is providing over $2M to the City of Red Deer to implement the Housing First program, an initiative to help end homelessness
- Date Modified: