Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Licensed Practical Nurses in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Licensed Practical Nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 76%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 18%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 6%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 10% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 69% compared to 66% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 21% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- The Sundre Hospital Futures Committee put forward a plan to save some long-term care beds at the Sundre Hospital. Alberta Health Services had planned to close all 15 beds but the new plan aims to retain some.
- The Town of Penhold is receiving almost $100,000 over 2016-17 for youth and child programs from the Government of Alberta
- Alberta Health Services plans to transition 15 long term care beds out of the Sundre Hospital to a new facility, but affected employees have been assured jobs elsewhere in the system
- Date modified: