Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Licensed Practical Nurses in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Licensed Practical Nurses in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Licensed Practical Nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 76%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 18%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 6%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 10% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 69% compared to 66% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 21% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- The Sundre Hospital Futures Committee put forward a plan to save some long-term care beds at the Sundre Hospital. Alberta Health Services had planned to close all 15 beds but the new plan aims to retain some.
- The Town of Penhold is receiving almost $100,000 over 2016-17 for youth and child programs from the Government of Alberta
- Alberta Health Services plans to transition 15 long term care beds out of the Sundre Hospital to a new facility, but affected employees have been assured jobs elsewhere in the system
- Date Modified: