Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Licensed practical nurses in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 490 people work in this occupation.
- Licensed practical nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 60%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 27%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 12%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 6% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 71% compared to 66% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 23% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 30 - Feb 03, 2017
- The Government of Alberta has added $2.66M in funding for the new seniors lodge in Rimbey, bringing the total contribution to $15.96M. The facility is expected to open in September 2017.
- The Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services are expanding services at the Sylvan Lake Community Health Centre. The centre will undergo renovations this spring, with the new facility opening in 2018.
- Date modified: