Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Licensed Practical Nurses in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) in the Red Deer region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 11 - Jan 15, 2016
- The Central Alberta Pregnancy Care Centre opened a Maternity Home in Red Deer for expecting mothers and those with newborns. A three-story building is planned for the second phase of the project, which could begin in late 2017.
- The Town of Taber has ratified a new three-year collective agreement with its unionized employees. The agreement provides a five percent wage increase over the 2015-17 period.
- Evergreen Parent Link Centre opened its doors in Innisfail on October 13, 2015. The centre hired 2 coordinators and 1 assistant, who will run free child development programs in 53 provincial locations that reach more than 186 communities.
- The staff of the Town of Innisfail Family and Community Support Services have recently resigned over organizational changes implemented by senior management. The department is responsible for a wide array of preventive social programs in the community.
- Date Modified: