Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers in Red Deer Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Alberta||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers (NOC 7219) in Alberta. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth. This, in addition to more workers retiring, is expected to result in new employment opportunities. There should also be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in Alberta was 43 years and 23% of workers were 55 years old and older. Also, according to the Labour Force Survey, approximately 12,000 people worked in this occupation in 2013.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Calgary Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Edmonton Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Red Deer Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- December 2014 | (PDF, 586 KB)
- November 2014 | (PDF, 575 KB)
- October 2014 | (PDF, 643 KB)
- October 2014 (Quarterly Edition) | (PDF, 656 KB)
- September 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- August 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- July 2014 | (PDF, 765 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 641 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 602 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 669 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 600 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 610 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 662 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 226 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 536 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- The Calgary Board of Education has announced that construction contracts have been awarded for five new schools across the city. The schools are projected to open in September 2016, pending any funding changes from the Government of Alberta.
- The Town of Banff has budgeted $4.9M for the design, construction and operation of a self-storage facility, with the net revenue from the facility going to the town for other municipal projects
- The Government of Canada is providing $255,000 for the construction and rehabilitation of recreational trails across the Eastern Slopes area
- Bluebird Contracting Services has started demolition of the flood affected properties in the Town of High River. Further demolition is planned for the summer of 2015, depending on building assessments.
- Alberta Education has announced four new public schools and two new Catholic schools in Edmonton, to be built as full-sized, rather than starter schools. The schools are expected to be open in September 2016.
- The Counseil scolaire du Nord-Ouest is currently accepting bids for the construction of a new high school wing at École Nouvelle Frontière in Grande Prairie. The project is slated to begin in April 2015 and open to students by January 2016.
- TELUS is spending $7.5M to bring fiber optic connections to 3,600 residences and businesses in Drumheller. The project will involve up to 70 workers from TELUS and partners, with an expansion of the local office on completion.
- Hopewell Developments is building a liquor store at the Northpointe Crossing Shopping Plaza in Medicine Hat, with the opening planned for late April 2015
- Burnco Rock Products has been granted a development permit for a gravel pit in Parkland County that has an estimated lifespan of 25 years
- Rocky View Schools has received $5.34M this year for infrastructure and maintenance projects at 27 different schools across the district
- The Town of Morinville is planning to start construction on a new Community Cultural Centre later in 2015, following a recent decision on the site selection. The site is large enough to also accommodate several schools and adjacent commercial development.
- Cineplex Entertainment is opening the Rec Room, a venue for live entertainment along with a bar and restaurant, in late 2015 at South Edmonton Common. Cineplex expects the complex to lead to further expansion at the site.
- The National Music Centre in Calgary has received a $2M donation that will be used to restore the lobby of the King Eddy Hotel
- The Town of Didsbury and Mountain View County are spending $4M to build a new fire hall, with construction scheduled to start in the spring of 2015
- Date Modified: