Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain, and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and Intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this group.
Internet Web site technician, LAN (local area network) administrator, LAN (local area network) technician, Web technician, computer network technician, computer network technician supervisor, data centre operator, network administrator, network support technician, supervisor, computer network technician, system administrator.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed softwares
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- May supervise other workers in this group.
Outlook & Prospects for Computer Network Technicians in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 30 - May 04, 2012
- The Arviat Diamond Driller¿s Training Program provides workers to fill jobs with drilling contractors in the Kivalliq region
- Date Modified: