Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Specialists in Human Resources in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be limited for Specialists in Human Resources (NOC 1121) in the Edmonton region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience weaker employment growth, which may limit job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Edmonton region was 42 years and 17% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 15 - Dec 19, 2014
- The City of Edmonton has approved hiring for 35 full-time positions for the Edmonton Police Service during the 2015 budget year
- The Edmonton Police Service is actively recruiting from Edmonton's African communities in an attempt to increase diversity among its members
- The City of Fort Saskatchewan Fire Department is seeking increased funding for firefighter hours in response to service demands. The department, composed of 51 part-time firefighters, has experienced a 22% yearly increase in call volumes.
- The City of St. Albert has exhausted its snow clearing budget after a recent heavy snowfall. The city has hired 21 contractors, with an additional 12 contractors planned for residential road work.
- The Edmonton Police Commission is seeking 400 new positions for the Edmonton Police Service over the 2015 to 2019 period, based primarily on projected population growth and increased calls for service
- The Town of Drayton Valley has contracted with Independent Traffic Services to provide automated traffic enforcement, initially focusing on speed enforcement
- Date Modified: