Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Specialists in Human Resources in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be limited for Specialists in Human Resources (NOC 1121) in the Edmonton region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience weaker employment growth, which may limit job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Edmonton region was 42 years and 17% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 13 - Apr 17, 2015
- The City of Edmonton has approved funding of $6.4M to hire 40 new police officers that will be dedicated to the downtown core. City council also approved funding for nine officers to patrol the transit system.
- The Town of Drayton Valley is proposing a cost-sharing agreement with Brazeau County for policing, the Early Childhood Development Centre and a new bus hub. The $500,000 bus hub would serve over 1,300 students in the Wildrose School Division.
- The City of Edmonton has approved hiring for 35 full-time positions for the Edmonton Police Service during the 2015 budget year
- The Edmonton Police Service is actively recruiting from Edmonton's African communities in an attempt to increase diversity among its members
- The City of Fort Saskatchewan Fire Department is seeking increased funding for firefighter hours in response to service demands. The department, composed of 51 part-time firefighters, has experienced a 22% yearly increase in call volumes.
- The City of St. Albert has exhausted its snow clearing budget after a recent heavy snowfall. The city has hired 21 contractors, with an additional 12 contractors planned for residential road work.
- Date Modified: