Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for College and Other Vocational Instructors in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Alberta||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for College and Other Vocational Instructors (NOC 4131) in Alberta.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
- In addition to labour supply and demand, employment in this occupation may depend on factors such as talent or entrepreneurship.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
|Calgary Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Edmonton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Red Deer Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- May 2015 | (PDF, 553 KB)
- April 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- March 2015 | (PDF, 623 KB)
- February 2015 | (PDF, 560 KB)
- January 2015 | (PDF, 559 KB)
- Annual Edition 2014 | (PDF, 607KB)new
- December 2014 | (PDF, 586 KB)
- November 2014 | (PDF, 575 KB)
- October 2014 | (PDF, 643 KB)
- October 2014 (Quarterly Edition) | (PDF, 656 KB)
- September 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- August 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- July 2014 | (PDF, 765 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 641 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 602 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 669 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 600 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 610 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 662 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 226 KB)
- December 2013 | (PDF, 536 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 13 - Jul 17, 2015
- Sylvan Learning recently closed two tutoring centres in Calgary and Airdrie. The closure affects approximately 20 staff.
- The Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education has approved a 2015-2016 budget that decreases 0.9 full-time equivalent teaching positions, and 0.5 full-time equivalent support staff. Learning services have increased by two full-time equivalent staff.
- Edmonton Public Schools has approved a budget of approximately $1.1B for the 2015-2016 school year. The budget includes funding for 67 additional full-time teaching jobs and 51 extra full-time support staff positions, such as educational assistants and library technicians.
- The University of Lethbridge has been awarded a record $3.9M in funding from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. The funding supports research programs, faculty and students.
- Lakeland College, in Vermilion, has signed an agreement to establish a special purpose fund of $130,000 for awards for Métis students. Bursaries and awards will be distributed each year worth between $2,500 and $3,500 to students of Métis heritage.
- Medicine Hat School District No. 76 is seeking 41 teachers to fill positions for the upcoming school year. The openings are a result of retirements and maternity leaves. The Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education has recently hired 12 teachers and is seeking two more for September 2015.
- Athabasca University, with a main campus in Athabasca, is experiencing sustainability issues resulting in part from reduced Alberta student enrolment. The university has been increasingly dependent over the last 20 years on out-of-province students signing up for its online programs. There are approximately 400 full-time university staff members that live in the Athabasca area.
- The Pembina Hills Regional Division No. 7, is hiring a Communications Director for a term of one-year in order to build communications capacity amongst staff
- Lethbridge College is offering a new Plumbing Apprenticeship program within its School of Construction Trades. Registration is now open for the first intake of students planned for January 2016.
- The Agriculture Business Risk Management program at Lethbridge College is set to receive $215,570 from the Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency. The program curriculum is being designed by industry for those working and studying in the livestock, grain and oilseed industry who would benefit from increased skills and knowledge in the area of business risk management.
- Northern Lakes College has closed its campuses in LaCrete and High Prairie due to budgetary constraints. Approximately 24 to 30 staff were also laid off, some at the Slave Lake campus. The college has also created 18 positions to service new programs.
- Date Modified: