Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be fair for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers (NOC 4142) in the Edmonton region. Compared to all other occupations, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs. However, this will be partially offset by both average employment growth and number of retiring workers.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Edmonton region was 41 years and 17% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 01 - Dec 05, 2014
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton has launched a $100M fundraising campaign for the Centre for Applied Technologies, student bursaries, equipment and applied research
- Edmonton Catholic Schools will be spending $3.6M to provide childcare at four Edmonton schools, starting in 2016
- MacEwan University in Edmonton has announced that it will offer full-credit for college courses, easing the transition for students who want to transfer into a university degree program
- Dow Canada has given $1.05M to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton to support campus expansion and the power engineering technology program
- The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation and NorQuest College have announced the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation Hospitality Institute, a hands-on training centre for the hospitality industry
- Date Modified: