Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers (NOC 4142) in the Edmonton region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 18 - Jan 22, 2016
- The alternative energy technology program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology is reporting that student numbers have almost triple since the first class in 2011. Most of the students are tradespersons returning for further education.
- NorQuest College is planning to move into the Clean Energy Technology Centre in Drayton Valley in May 2016. Construction delays prevented an earlier planned opening of the facility by January 2016.
- NorQuest College will close its Stony Plain campus next summer, due to declining enrolment. The college is transitioning to online courses and partnering with local school boards to offer some programs.
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology recently held a groundbreaking ceremony for its campus in Spruce Grove. The new site will be used for the crane and hoisting operator program, starting in September 2016.
- Date Modified: