Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers (NOC 4142) in the Edmonton region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 18 - May 22, 2015
- MacEwan University is cutting 41 positions and raising tuition fees in an effort to balance its budget. According to the University, 34 of the 41 positions eliminated were vacant.
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton has launched a $100M fundraising campaign for the Centre for Applied Technologies, student bursaries, equipment and applied research
- Edmonton Catholic Schools will be spending $3.6M to provide childcare at four Edmonton schools, starting in 2016
- MacEwan University in Edmonton has announced that it will offer full-credit for college courses, easing the transition for students who want to transfer into a university degree program
- Dow Canada has given $1.05M to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton to support campus expansion and the power engineering technology program
- Date Modified: