Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Machine operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9411) in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 09 - Jan 13, 2017
- Gold's Gym has closed two out of three locations in Edmonton. The West Edmonton Mall location will be filling the void left by Gold's with a new fitness centre called WEM Fit.
- Cineplex is opening a new outlet in its food-and-entertainment chain at the West Edmonton Mall this summer. The Rec Room will have more than 100 amusement games and a restaurant.
- The University of Alberta is severing its ties with an educational program that caters to vulnerable indigenous teens. The Moving the Mountain initiative had been housed in the university's Faculty of Education on a trial basis for the past 15 months.
- Edmonton's Concordia University is planning to open a $6.5M Centre for Science, Research and Innovation by March 2018 and is also undertake other laboratory improvements. The federal government is contributing $6.72M towards the projects.
- Ice Castles has returned to Edmonton over the 2016-17 winter. Approximately 60 employees have been employed to build the castle and 40 have been hired to take tickets and provide security.
- MacEwan University in Edmonton is expanding its psychiatric nursing program to an optional four-year degree program, and increasing the intake by 35 students, in anticipation of a strong future demand for graduates
- The Edmonton Opera is receiving $405,000 through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund to renovate its existing facility into a rehearsal hall and for other system improvements
- The Cloverdale Footbridge in Edmonton is being removed in preparation for construction of the new Tawatinâ Bridge and the associated Valley Line LRT
- The Stanley Milner Library in downtown Edmonton is closing for three years starting December 31, as it undergoes renovation worth $65M
- Strathcona Spirits and Hansen Distillery, two craft distilleries, recently started operations in Edmonton
- Date modified: