Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9411) in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Canada Post has decided not to close the post office location in downtown St. Albert following consultations with user groups. The corporation had proposed closing the site in February 2016
- Greyhound plans to open its new bus depot in Edmonton near the VIA Rail station on May 30, 2016
- The City of Edmonton is spending $402M on roads, bridges, intersections, and neighbourhood renewal projects during 2016
- The Whitemud Equine Centre in Edmonton started construction on a new $6.5M arena replacement. The new facility is expected to open in June 2017.
- Greyhound plans to run a shuttle bus service from downtown Edmonton to its relocated terminal because the location is not serviced by Edmonton Transit
- The Alberta Cancer Research Biobank has laid off four staff in Edmonton and one person in Calgary due to a shortfall in funding
- The Government of Alberta is restoring $16M in funding to NorQuest College in Edmonton. The money is part of a larger $61M project for building improvements.
- Strathcona County approved an application by Gibson Energy to build a new industrial development. The location is intended to be a multi-purpose industrial site offering multi-modal facilities for the oil and gas industry.
- The City of Edmonton approved zoning changes that will allow construction of the Mezzo residential tower. The project is subject to obtaining a development permit from the city.
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology launched a new centre in Edmonton for its heavy equipment technology program. The facility will provide more space and allow the program to expand student capacity up to 60 percent.
- FC Barcelona has officially opened an academy, FCBEscola Edmonton, in Spruce Grove. Local coaches have been hired by the academy to instruct the ways of FC Barcelona soccer.
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council has provided $1.65M over six years for the new Diamond Exploration Research and Training School at the University of Alberta in Edmonton
- Bundok, a new restaurant in downtown Edmonton, is set to open by July 1, 2016
- The Wetaskiwin Regional Chamber of Commerce cancelled its annual Spring Showcase & FEASTival this year due to a lack of exhibitors
- Sturgeon County has approved $335,000 in grants to a range of community groups for capital projects and programs
- Goodlife Fitness is opening three new locations in Edmonton in 2016
- Date Modified: