Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9411) in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2016
- Enrollment in Edmonton's public and catholic schools reached new highs, based on the official count of students on September 30, 2016. The student numbers exceeded projections in both school divisions.
- Ice Castles LLC will construct a winter wonderland in Edmonton's Hawrelak Park, in partnership with the City of Edmonton and the Silver Skate Festival
- No. 99 Gretzky's Wine & Whisky opened its doors at the Edmonton International Airport
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Edmonton found a drop in registrations for welding and rig technician courses compared to previous years, and a broader decline in trade apprentices
- Ceapro Inc, an Edmonton biotechnology company, is creating 30 new positions as part of a new, expanded facility. The Government of Alberta provided $2.4M to Ceapro since 2011.
- The Government of Alberta opened the $24M Child Adolescent and Family Mental Health Centre in Edmonton. The facility offers help for children with mental health issues or addictions.
- The 20th annual Alberta Employment and Career Fair is expected to have attracted over 10,000 people to the two-day event in Edmonton. The fair had almost 1,000 jobs up for grabs from 60 exhibitors according to the organizers.
- Habitat for Humanity and the Carter Work Project are building 76 new affordable homes in Fort Saskatchewan and Edmonton. The Government of Alberta is providing $4.1M for the $26M project.
- Century Casinos is building a $50M horse racing facility, Century Mile, in Leduc County. Construction is slated to start in spring 2017, with racing scheduled in fall 2018.
- Pembina Pipeline started commissioning of its second fractionation and storage facility in Sturgeon County on September 14. Approximately 15 full-time positions have been created at the new facility.
- Edmonton Catholic School board is planning to hire about 75 staff, including nearly 60 teachers, to accommodate growth in student numbers this year
- Cineplex Entertainment recently opened Canada¿s first food-and-entertainment centre, the Rec Room, in Edmonton
- A recent job fair for seasonal employees at a Kal-Tire location in Edmonton attracted more than 300 applicants for 100 positions
- The Government of Alberta selected Century Casinos Europe GmbH, an international gaming company, to own, build and operate a new horse racing facility in the Edmonton market area
- The City of Edmonton approved a zoning change that would allow construction of the $63M Artist Quarters in downtown Edmonton
- Edmonton Public Schools plans to increase the number of pre-kindergarten programs for children with cognitive challenges from 19 school sites to 33 over the next three years
- Date modified: