Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Machine Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9411) in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- The provincial government is granting $33.5M towards the expansion of Ford Edmonton Park. The development is expected to create approximately 455 full-time jobs during the construction phase and 57 permanent park-related positions following completion.
- Honomobo, a container-housing developer, is constructing an 18-unit apartment in Edmonton's Boyle Street neighbourhood
- The Government of Alberta is investing $14M in an affordable housing project in Edmonton. Construction is expected to be complete by the fall of 2017.
- Aeroterm started work on a $10M distribution warehouse at the Edmonton International Airport. Companies that will be tenants in the facility are expected to create at least 100 new jobs.
- Loblaws City Market recently opened in Edmonton. The store will have about 206 employees. A Shoppers Drug Mart also opened in the same retail complex.
- The Women and Children's Health Research Institute at the University of Alberta received a $54.5M donation to support researchers
- NewLeaf Travel, a Winnipeg-based discount travel company, is launching flights out of Edmonton starting July 25, 2016
- A new Joey restaurant is opening in downtown Edmonton in September 2016. The restaurant expects to hire 180 employees.
- Sturgeon County approved a $1.9M tender from Maple Reinders for construction of the Rivers Gate Lift Station
- The Government of Alberta is providing approximately $11.3M to the Town of Devon for a staged replacement of its wastewater treatment facility
- The City of Edmonton approved plans by Regency Developments for the Emerald Tower, a $50M residential condominium building with retail on the ground floor
- Londonderry Mall in Edmonton is opening a new food court as the start of a $130M redevelopment project. The work is expected to be complete by the fall of 2017.
- Ikea Canada is spending $13.5M to expand its Edmonton store. The project is expected to create 135 jobs and be complete by the end of 2017.
- Edmonton Public Schools has started work on the $25M Ivor Dent School. The school is expected to open in 2017.
- Fort Air Partnership opened a new continuous air monitoring station in Gibbons
- Edmonton Public Schools is opening nine new schools in September 2017
- Gateway Casinos and Entertainment recently held a job fair to fill 200 positions at the Grand Villa Edmonton. The $32M casino is scheduled to open September 2016.
- The latest Manpower Employment Outlook Survey says that only 11 percent of employers in the Edmonton region plan to hire new employees from July to September 2016. Three-quarters of employers anticipate maintaining current staffing levels.
- The North West Redwater Partnership's Sturgeon Refinery near Redwater is hiring staff to prepare for operations. Approximately 3,000 workers in Edmonton-area fabrication shops are manufacturing the remaining modules for the project.
- The Government of Alberta is providing $10M in capital investment for the Agrivalue Processing Business Incubator and Food Processing Development Centre in Leduc
- Date Modified: