Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Printing Machine Operators in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Printing Machine Operators (NOC 9471) in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- Edmonton Public Schools reached an agreement with almost 800 school caretakers. Under the three-year deal with the union, members will see wage increases and a lump sum payout retroactive to September 2014.
- The Grand Villa Casino officially opened its doors in downtown Edmonton on September 7. The facility has hired all the staff that wanted to relocate from the old casino and created 200 new full-time jobs.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are providing $82.8M to the University of Alberta for facility and infrastructure improvements
- The Edmonton Police Service is actively recruiting for 140 new officers in 2016 and another 80 in 2017. The service is also looking to hire existing law enforcement officers through its Experienced Officer Program, which starts in August 2017.
- The Government of Canada is providing $143.9M towards 46 Edmonton transit projects. With matching funds from the City of Edmonton and the Government of Alberta, the projects will see total funding of $287.8M.
- Gibson Energy is doubling its crude oil storage capacity with new tanks at its Edmonton Terminal, in response to customer demand. The new tanks are expected to be in-service by the second quarter of 2018.
- The Government of Canada is providing $75M to the University of Alberta's Future Energy Systems Research Institute in Edmonton
- The Government of Alberta is investing $6.3M to develop additional long-term care spaces at Villa Marguerite in Edmonton. The facility will be owned by Park Place Seniors Living, while Chandos Construction has been awarded the construction contract.
- Stollery Children's Hospital's redeveloped surgical unit opened its doors in Edmonton on August 26. The $36M project will reduce patient waiting times, shave costs and provide better patient experience.
- Edmonton's Catholic and Public Schools are rushing to repair approximately $1.4M in flood damage at numerous schools before the start of this school year
- The University of Alberta Students' Union plans to spend $11M to renovate the Myer Horowitz Theatre on the main campus
- Edmonton's Rogers Place recently hired nearly 200 part-time workers for its operations
- Mark's opened a new location in the St. Albert Centre
- Date Modified: