Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Printing Machine Operators in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Edmonton region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Edmonton region was 41 years and 12% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 09 - Feb 13, 2015
- Endress+Hauser Canada, which specializes in services for industrial process engineering, is building a $10M Regional Customer Support Centre in Edmonton. The centre will have approximately 50 employees upon completion in the fall of 2015.
- Air Canada has announced that it is cutting the frequency of flights between Edmonton and London, England, starting in May 2015, because of weakness in advance bookings
- Burnco Rock Products has been granted a development permit for a gravel pit in Parkland County that has an estimated lifespan of 25 years
- The Town of Morinville is planning to start construction on a new Community Cultural Centre later in 2015, following a recent decision on the site selection. The site is large enough to also accommodate several schools and adjacent commercial development.
- The Government of Canada has made a $2.98M investment towards the establishment of the Metabolomics Technology Demonstration Centre at the University of Alberta
- Simons, a leading Canadian fashion retailer, is opening a second store in Edmonton as the anchor tenant at Londonderry Mall. Construction is to begin immediately, with the store opening in 2017.
- Cineplex Entertainment has announced a premium movie theatre complex for the downtown arena district in Edmonton. The theatre is scheduled to open in 2018.
- Cineplex Entertainment is opening the Rec Room, a venue for live entertainment along with a bar and restaurant, in late 2015 at South Edmonton Common. Cineplex expects the complex to lead to further expansion at the site.
- Alberta's Industrial Heartland Association is projecting that value-added energy manufacturing companies in the region are positioned to weather the decline in energy prices with current projects underway. Petrochemical plants involved in manufacturing are expected to pay less for natural gas feedstocks, with increased emphasis on natural gas and natural gas liquids.
- ATCO Energy Solutions and Petrogas Energy are expanding their salt cavern hydrocarbon storage project near Fort Saskatchewan in response to customer demand. Commercial operation of the first two caverns is scheduled for the second quarter of 2016.
- The Family Day Home Agency in Drayton Valley is seeking providers for daycare services within the town and in the broader Brazeau County area
- Canadian Pacific is planning to dispose of the South Edmonton Yard lands and develop the property in conjunction with Dream Van Horne Properties, a Toronto-based real estate developer. The location has the potential for high density residential, retail and an office park.
- Edmonton International Airport has announced a retail outlet mall with Ivanhoe Cambridge and a distribution hub and warehouse with Rosenau Transport. The combined investment of $225M is expected to create 1,000 jobs.
- Date Modified: