Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Plateless printing equipment operators in the Edmonton region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- The Government of Alberta is hiring two additional medical examiners. The province is increasing funding for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner by $1M per year, with about $0.8M allocated to the two new positions.
- Transcend Coffee is closing its café in downtown Edmonton on February 26, 2017
- The Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association is shifting its focus to attracting agricultural, environmental, renewable energy and advanced manufacturing firms to its industrial park south of Edmonton
- Indochino, a made-to-measure men's clothing company, is opening a store in Edmonton on March 30, 2017. Another location is set to open in Calgary's Chinook Centre on April 6, 2017.
- The Government of Canada is providing approximately $3.1M to 21 community projects in the greater Edmonton area, to help modernize local recreation facilities and improve social as well as cultural infrastructure and programs
- The City of St. Albert is expecting a surge in non-residential developments during the 2017-19 period. The first phase of the Erin Ridge Shopping Centre has recently confirmed 12 new tenants for the project.
- The Royal Bank of Canada is partnering with computer scientists at the University of Alberta to launch a research lab which will focus on artificial intelligence. The bank estimates that tens of millions of dollars will be invested in the project.
- TEC Edmonton's downtown accelerator space has launched a new venture for entrepreneurs and rebranded the area as TEC Innovation District. Technology-based start-ups using the incubator service will be able to receive mentorship and coaching.
- Alberta's Industrial Heartland Association is forecasting a drop in activity as major construction projects near completion in 2017. However, Pembina Pipeline Corp. and Inter Pipeline have pending projects in the area worth about $7B combined.
- Field Upgrading Ltd. is planning to build a 2,500-barrel-per-day bitumen-cleaning demonstration facility in an industrial area northeast of Edmonton
- The Alberta Motor Transport Association is building a new training facility at the Edmonton International Airport starting in summer 2017. The association will offer complete commercial driving and safety training at the new facility.
- Gold's Gym has closed two out of three locations in Edmonton. The West Edmonton Mall location will be filling the void left by Gold's with a new fitness centre called WEM Fit.
- Cineplex is opening a new outlet in its food-and-entertainment chain at the West Edmonton Mall this summer. The Rec Room will have more than 100 amusement games and a restaurant.
- Date modified: