Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Printing Machine Operators in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Edmonton region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Edmonton region was 41 years and 12% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 12 - Jan 16, 2015
- Fedora Pharmaceuticals, an Edmonton-based biotechnology company, has recently signed a licensing and development agreement with two large international pharmaceutical companies that could generate up to $750M in payments
- Preliminary results of a retail analysis in the City of Fort Saskatchewan point to new retail opportunities in the city as well as oversupply in some sectors
- The City of Fort Saskatchewan has approved increased funding for its public transit pilot project that will run to December 2015. The additional funding will increase the frequency of bus runs and improve connections to Edmonton.
- Construction is currently underway on a new grocery store near downtown Edmonton, with the developer planning a residential tower with 207 rental apartments above the grocery. The development is set to open in late 2015.
- The City of St. Albert is expecting a range of commercial, residential and industrial developments to begin construction in 2015, pending permit approvals
- The City of Edmonton has approved hiring for 35 full-time positions for the Edmonton Police Service during the 2015 budget year
- The City of Leduc has passed a budget for 2015 that includes money for two new RCMP members, a youth outreach worker and $14.7M for major roadway projects
- Capital Power recently announced that construction will start in mid-2015 on the Genesee 4 and 5 electrical generating stations just west of Edmonton. The plants are expected to be operational in 2018.
- The City of Edmonton plans to start construction in 2015 on a $196M transit garage that will provide space for 700 drivers. The city has also budgeted $5.1M for staff amenities including space for a daycare and food services. Construction of the project is expected to last for up to three years.
- The City of Edmonton has recently approved $1.6M to operate late night bus service on five city routes starting in September 2015
- Tavern 1903, a restaurant which opened in downtown Edmonton in 2013, is closing its doors over a tenancy dispute. The owners did not release any information on the affected staff but are attempting to find them other restaurant employment.
- The City of Edmonton has approved a $61.5M project to redevelop the Stanley A. Milner Library in downtown Edmonton, with $10M of the cost coming from fundraising. The proposed timeline calls for construction to start in 2016 and be completed by the winter of 2018.
- Cape Construction is planning a hotel, a lifestyle mall, a grocery store and apartment spaces for 600 residents at Bellevue Village in St. Albert. The company does not currently have construction timelines.
- Date Modified: