Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Alberta||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews (NOC 7217) in Alberta. Compared with all other occupations, more job openings are expected in this occupation as a result of workers retiring. In addition, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in Alberta was 43 years and 17% of workers were 55 years old and older. Also, according to the Labour Force Survey, approximately 10,300 people worked in this occupation in 2013.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Calgary Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Edmonton Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Red Deer Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- February 2015 | (PDF, 560 KB)
- January 2015 | (PDF, 559 KB)
- December 2014 | (PDF, 586 KB)
- November 2014 | (PDF, 575 KB)
- October 2014 | (PDF, 643 KB)
- October 2014 (Quarterly Edition) | (PDF, 656 KB)
- September 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- August 2014 | (PDF, 650 KB)
- July 2014 | (PDF, 765 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 641 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 602 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 669 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 600 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 610 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 662 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 226 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 536 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2015
- Camex Equipment Sales and Rentals in Nisku are building a new sales and service centre, despite recent staff reductions and a slowdown in the energy sector. The company expects new business opportunities to arise from reduced capital expenditures by the energy sector.
- Genesis Place Recreation Centre in Airdrie is slated for approximately $2M in renovations from August to October, 2015. The work involves re-surfacing and new tiles, necessitating a total closure of the indoor pool.
- The Municipal District of Bonnyville has passed a $110M budget for 2015, with 44% of the funds dedicated to road construction and maintenance. Fire hall upgrades and construction of a new public safety building are also planned.
- The Government of Alberta has committed $43M for improvements to a section of Highway 28 beginning in the summer of 2015 and ending in 2016
- Krawford Construction is scheduled to start work on a $9.38M renovation project at St. John Paul II Catholic Schools in Stony Plain. The expansion, consisting of new classrooms and a gym, is expected to be complete by the fall of 2015.
- The Town of Bonnyville has awarded a $5.7M contract for road construction to NuEdge Contracting. The project has an estimated three-month duration for completion.
- The City of Grande Prairie is exploring alternatives for the Leisure Centre renovation project after a $4M budget shortfall was identified. The project was scheduled for completion by 2017.
- BluEarth Renewables is planning to start construction in May 2015 on its $80M Bull Creek Wind Project near Provost. A scaled down version of the original project was recently approved by the Alberta Utilities Commission.
- The City of Medicine Hat has recently approved contracts for six companies worth up to $1.5M each, for a total of $9M in spending on pipeline and facility work during 2015
- The Municipal District of Bighorn has received $2M in the first round of flood mitigation funds from the Government of Alberta for 2015-2016. The district has made a total request for $23.7M.
- Points West Living is expecting to hire 100 employees for a $40M seniors housing facility in Cochrane. Construction is planned to start in the fall of 2015, with occupancy by mid-2017.
- The Marina View Hotel in the downtown area of Cold Lake is slated for demolition, with the land viewed by the city as a potential development site
- The Government of Alberta has announced financial support for 21 projects in 16 municipalities for long-term flood protection and drought mitigation
- The Peace River Bible Institute in Sexsmith is building a new $4M gymnasium and community fitness centre. Construction is expected to be complete by the summer or fall of 2016.
- Three schools in the Town of High River have had funding approved by the Government of Alberta for flood protection and prevention. The repairs are expected to start in the summer of 2015, with total costs estimated at $3.5M.
- Kinder Morgan has announced a new $400M hydrocarbon storage terminal for Strathcona County. The project is expected to generate 70 to 100 construction jobs from 2015 to 2019 and up to 20 full-time operational staff on completion.
- The Calgary Municipal Land Corporation has released redevelopment plans to convert the historic St. Louis Hotel in Calgary into a mixed-use commercial development
- The Government of Alberta has announced $3.4B for new health facilities in Edmonton and northern Alberta in a five-year capital plan under Budget 2015. There are also provisions for maintenance and renewal of existing facilities.
- The Government of Alberta has announced funding for 34 continuing care spaces in a new seniors facility to be built in Bassano
- The Government of Alberta is providing funding to improve access to high-speed internet for residents of Lacombe County and the Montana First Nation
- The Government of Alberta is providing $500,000 to improve access to high-speed Internet in Saddle Hills County. The funding will be used to build four new towers and associated infrastructure.
- The Town of Barrhead is hoping to begin construction on the new aquatic centre in May 2015. Advertisements for a project manager position are expected to be launched during April 2015.
- Canadian Rockies Public Schools is planning to start construction in the fall of 2015 on the $8.4M first phase of the Banff Elementary School modernization
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are jointly funding a $7.8M affordable housing complex in Raymond. The funding will support 40 units in a new 53-unit lodge for low-income seniors.
- The Government of Alberta has announced $7.9M to add 42 units to the North Ridge Lodge in St. Albert. Three other senior's facilities in St. Albert are receiving almost $1.4M for fire safety and sprinkler upgrades.
- The Government of Alberta has announced $12.2M for a new 65-unit seniors lodge in Red Deer. The region is also receiving funding for 180 new long-term care beds and fire safety upgrades at two lodges.
- The Town of Innisfail has awarded a contract of almost $500,000 to Apollo Landscaping of Red Deer for landscape work around the Napolean Meadows subdivision
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are jointly funding a $17.6M affordable housing complex for seniors in Innisfail. The facility will consist of a 60-unit lodge and a minimum of 30 units of self-contained apartments.
- The Glen Allen Recreation Complex in Strathcona County is set to begin $14M in renovations in April 2015. The modernization project aims to convert the facility to year-round use.
- The Edmonton Buddhist Research Institute has received funding for 106 supportive living spaces from the Government of Alberta. The funding provides for immediate construction of the new facility in Edmonton.
- Date Modified: