Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Logging and forestry labourers perform a variety of manual tasks such as attaching choker cables to logs, planting trees, clearing brush, spraying chemicals, cleaning up landing areas and assisting other workers in woodlands operations. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
chokerman/woman, forestry labourer, logging labourer, swamper – logging and forestry, tree planter, seasonal.
- Assist other workers at logging sites
- Attach chokers or cables to felled trees for yarding
- Plant trees using manual tools
- Spray herbicides from the ground using manual spraying equipment
- Clear trails through woodlands using chain saws
- Clean up landing areas at logging sites.
Outlook & Prospects for Logging and Forestry Labourers in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- June 2014 | (PDF, 641 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 602 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 669 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 600 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 610 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 662 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 226 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 536 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- The Government of Canada is providing $3.8M to support the establishment of the Canadian Beef Centre of Excellence in Calgary. The facility is intended to support the Canadian beef and veal industry through training and product innovation.
- The Grande Prairie Livestock Market in Grande Prairie has closed, forcing area livestock producers to seek new marketing methods for their cattle
- The Bentley Hutterite Colony suffered a $5M loss after fire destroyed a large hog barn and killed an estimated 4,200 animals on July 7, 2014
- The National Bee Diagnostic Centre in Beaverlodge, part of the Centre of Research and Innovation of the Grande Prairie Regional College, has been awarded $150,000 for research into honeybee infections
- The Municipal District of Foothills is proposing a land-use bylaw change that will see the development of medical marijuana production facilities restricted to industrial areas
- Calgary City Council has approved a bylaw amendment that will allow the development of commercial marijuana growing operations in industrial areas of the city
- Date Modified: