Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Logging and forestry labourers perform a variety of manual tasks such as attaching choker cables to logs, planting trees, clearing brush, spraying chemicals, cleaning up landing areas and assisting other workers in woodlands operations. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
chokerman/woman, forestry labourer, logging labourer, swamper – logging and forestry, tree planter, seasonal.
- Assist other workers at logging sites
- Attach chokers or cables to felled trees for yarding
- Plant trees using manual tools
- Spray herbicides from the ground using manual spraying equipment
- Clear trails through woodlands using chain saws
- Clean up landing areas at logging sites.
Outlook & Prospects for Logging and Forestry Labourers in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- March 2014 | (PDF, 600 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 610 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 662 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 226 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 536 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 534 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 657 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 438 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 445 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 241 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 227 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- The Government of Canada is investing $1.6M to support the establishment of the Animal Nutrition and Ingredient Development Program at the University of Alberta in Edmonton
- CHS, a U.S. based farmer-owned cooperative, has agreed to purchase Agrium assets in Medicine Hat, Vauxhall, and Bow Island, as part of a larger Canadian acquisition
- Exhibitors at the second annual Agricultural Job Fair in Lethbridge are having a difficult time finding and retaining production workers and skilled tradespersons. With spring approaching, there is a strong demand for workers from cattle operations, feedlots and dairy farms.
- Date Modified: