Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 24 - Aug 28, 2015
- A Rossy department store will open in October at the Fort Edward Plaza in Windsor and will employ 20 people. The company has also recently opened two other stores in the province, in Bridgewater and Yarmouth.
- Glooscap Ventures is planning a retail development at Glooscap First Nation. It is anticipated to generate 150 to 175 full- and part-time jobs, with the first phase completed by September 2016.
- Several new small businesses have opened or will soon open in the Wolfville¿Port Williams area, including a meat market, pizza restaurant, clothing stores, and liquor operations
- Date Modified: