Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 20 - Jul 24, 2015
- Several new small businesses have opened or will soon open in the Wolfville¿Port Williams area, including a meat market, pizza restaurant, clothing stores, and liquor operations
- Pete's Fine Foods, a grocery store in Wolfville, will close in May 2015. The closure will put 50 full-time and part-time staff out of work.
- A Valufoods grocery store which had closed in the fall of 2014 in Cornwallis has reopened under a new owner, and about five of the previous staff have been rehired. The store now has about 10 employees, and hopes to increase staff over time.
- Date Modified: