Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Retail Trade Managers in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 990 people work in this occupation.
- Retail Trade Managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail trade (NAICS 44-45): 87%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 77% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 20% compared to 21% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 16 - May 20, 2016
- Increased provincial government funding will enable the YMCA to add two additional immigration support workers, one in Kentville and one in another community. Overall, the YMCA will employ nine settlement workers across Nova Scotia.
- A Value Village store is tentatively scheduled to open in the fall of 2016 in New Minas, taking over space once occupied by Zellers. The company indicates it typically hires about 50 workers in a new store.
- Carlton Cards and Susy Shier will close their stores in New Minas by the end of January 2016, putting 11 people out of work
- The HGS call centre in Kentville plans to add 50 or more employees to its current staff of 150 over the next couple of months
- Date Modified: