Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail basis. Retail trade managers are employed by retail sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
antique dealer, assistant manager – retail, bookstore manager, car dealership manager, clothing store manager, department store manager, pleasure boat dealer, service station manager, sporting goods store manager, store manager – retail, supermarket manager, travel agency manager, variety store manager.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
- Resolve customer complaints
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||Undetermined||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 09 - Jun 13, 2014
- Sparrows Nest, an antiques, art and collectables shop featuring Nova Scotia-made furniture, has opened in New Minas
- Wools on the Corner, featuring wool and crafts, has opened on Queen Street in Bridgetown. It is the third craft business to open on the same street corner, and the second in the last few months.
- Firefly Makery, a craft products and supplies business that will also offer classes and courses, has opened in Bridgetown
- The Trail Shop, an outdoor equipment business, will close out its Wolfville location at the end of the month
- Date Modified: