Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Meteorologists (NOC 2114) in the Annapolis Valley region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 19 - Sep 23, 2016
- Dexter Construction has been awarded a $5.4M contract for the construction of the replacement Cornwallis River Bridge. Work is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2016 and expected to last six to eight months
- Pomerleau Construction has been awarded a $14M contract for construction of a new air traffic control tower in Greenwood, as the federal government continues a series of investments in infrastructure improvements at the military base
- Noble Grape Urban Winery, an on-site winemaking retailer, will open in September 2016 in Kingston, NS. It will be larger than its other Annapolis Valley location in Cold Brook, and is seeking to hire staff.
- Glooscap First Nation has contracted Dexter Construction to begin work later in 2016 on the first phase of a three-year, multi-million dollar retail development project. About 200 jobs will be created in the various businesses to be located in Glooscap Landing upon completion.
- Brison Developments will soon begin construction on a multi-unit housing development project on School Street in Kentville, NS
- Date modified: