Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Meteorologists in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Meteorologists (NOC 2114) in the Annapolis Valley region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 19 - Sep 23, 2016
- Dexter Construction has been awarded a $5.4M contract for the construction of the replacement Cornwallis River Bridge. Work is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2016 and expected to last six to eight months
- Pomerleau Construction has been awarded a $14M contract for construction of a new air traffic control tower in Greenwood, as the federal government continues a series of investments in infrastructure improvements at the military base
- Noble Grape Urban Winery, an on-site winemaking retailer, will open in September 2016 in Kingston, NS. It will be larger than its other Annapolis Valley location in Cold Brook, and is seeking to hire staff.
- Glooscap First Nation has contracted Dexter Construction to begin work later in 2016 on the first phase of a three-year, multi-million dollar retail development project. About 200 jobs will be created in the various businesses to be located in Glooscap Landing upon completion.
- Brison Developments will soon begin construction on a multi-unit housing development project on School Street in Kentville, NS
- Date Modified: