Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 28 - Oct 02, 2015
- Go Powersports Ltd., a New Minas-based snowmobile and off-road vehicle dealership and service centre, plans to add a retail store to its operation in October. The company will employ five workers and expects to add more staff over time.
- Roscoe Construction has been awarded a contract to build a new rink in the Brooklyn/Newport area. It is hoped construction on the $5.2M project will be completed by August 2016.
- A Rossy department store will open in October at the Fort Edward Plaza in Windsor and will employ 20 people. The company has also recently opened two other stores in the province, in Bridgewater and Yarmouth.
- Glooscap Ventures is planning a retail development at Glooscap First Nation. It is anticipated to generate 150 to 175 full- and part-time jobs, with the first phase completed by September 2016.
- Date Modified: