Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 29 - Jul 03, 2015
- The federal government will invest $20M over the next two years on infrastructure improvements in support of the Royal Canadian Air Force facilities at 14 Wing Greenwood
- Construction has begun on the $1B Forest Lakes residential-commercial development in Ardoise.The developer, Terra Firma Development Corporation, says the building of a golf course on site could employ up to 60 workers.
- The use of robotics can help dairy farms become more efficient and alleviate difficulties associated with trying to attract a stable workforce, according to one farm owner. Other farm owners are considering the use of robotics as well.
- The Annapolis Valley Regional School Board will cut 14.66 full-time equivalent teaching positions for the 2015-16 school year. The number of speech language pathologists and early childhood education workers will increase slightly.
- Date Modified: