Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Annapolis Valley Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2016
- A Value Village store is tentatively scheduled to open in the fall of 2016 in New Minas, taking over space once occupied by Zellers. The company indicates it typically hires about 50 workers in a new store.
- Carlton Cards and Susy Shier will close their stores in New Minas by the end of January 2016, putting 11 people out of work
- The HGS call centre in Kentville plans to add 50 or more employees to its current staff of 150 over the next couple of months
- Lone Pine Farm will close its egg hatchery near Berwick in December after losing its main buyer. The closure will result in job losses for 10 workers. Another hatchery is expected to open soon near Hantsport.
- Café Central, a coffee shop in Kentville, will close near the end of November
- Kings Produce Processing Plant Ltd. has closed its food processing plant in Middleton, putting 40 to 50 people out of work. The company has not commented on reasons for the closure. It is the second major food processing plant to close in the past couple of weeks in the Annapolis Valley.
- Cambridge-based Roscoe Construction has been awarded a contract to design and build a new administration building in Berwick, which would house the town offices, library, and other office and warehouse space
- Date Modified: