Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments and high school librarians are included in this group.
English as a second language teacher, high school, English teacher, secondary school, French as a second language teacher, high school, adult education teacher, secondary school, biology teacher, high school, commerce teacher, secondary school, department head, secondary school, high school teacher, special education, history teacher, secondary school, librarian, high school, remedial teacher – secondary school, secondary school teacher, supply teacher, high school, trades instructor – secondary school, vocational teacher, high school.
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and school officials
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers.
Secondary school teachers may specialize in such areas as mathematics, English, French, special education or second language instruction. Secondary school teachers of vocational and trades subjects may specialize in areas such as hairdressing or auto mechanics.
Jobs for Secondary School Teachers in Annapolis Valley Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in Annapolis Valley Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2014-07-22||Adult education teacher, secondary school (Level 1/2/3, Adult Learning Program)||Hants Learning Network Association||
|2014-07-22||Adult education teacher, secondary school (GED Instructor)||Hants Learning Network Association||
|2014-07-04||School teacher - secondary school (Visual Arts)||Landmark East School||
|2014-07-04||Special education teacher - secondary school (Literacy Teacher)||Landmark East School||
|2014-07-04||School teacher - secondary school (Mathematics and Science - Middle & High School)||Landmark East School||
|2014-07-04||Teacher, high school (High School English Teacher)||Landmark East School||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: