Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Specialist Physicians in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Specialist Physicians (NOC 3111) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region. Compared with all other occupations, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region was 46 years and 27% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 04 - May 08, 2015
- Maple Ridge city council recently approved the hiring of four street outreach workers for a six-month work term
- The John Volken Academy has recently opened its new $80M addictions treatment facility in Surrey. The 220,000 sq.-ft. facility offers 24hr treatment and education for a minimum of two years, for up to 150 residents.
- Providence Health Care has announced that it will be closing St. Paul's Hospital in downtown Vancouver. The company will be opening a new $1.2B facility south of the Downtown Eastside, with an estimated completion date of 2022.
- The BC Health Employees' Union has reported that more than 240 aides, nurses, cleaners and dietary workers at Laurel Place care home, in Surrey, will be given layoff notices effective June 1
- Aramark has lost its contract with Vancouver Coastal Health hospitals and extended care facilities, resulting in layoff notices for its 935 staff. The new contract has been awarded to Compass Group, who is committed to retaining as many affected staff as possible.
- Date Modified: