Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Lower Mainland - Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades (NOC 7216) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 16 - Nov 20, 2015
- The Tsawwassen First Nation has proposed a new liquefied natural gas export facility near Delta. The facility would produce three to five million tonnes of liquefied natural gas annually, and service five to six tankers per month.
- The Tourism White Rock Association will be dissolved at the end of 2015 and a new Tourism Advisory Committee will be formed. The change is expected to reduce administrative costs and provide better transparency.
- Spinlister, a Santa Monica-based bicycle sharing company, recently expanded into Vancouver. The company allows individuals to rent their bikes, similar to Airbnb or Uber. The company currently has about 50 bicycles registered in Vancouver.
- Date Modified: