Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services (NOC 1433) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 1,720 people work in this occupation.
- Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): more than 95%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 21% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 61% compared to 64% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 18% compared to 24% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 30 - Apr 03, 2015
- Coastal Community Credit Union will open new branches in Victoria and Langford this year. The Langford location will open in May and the downtown Victoria branch in the fall. The new locations will create 10 new jobs in the area.
- Date modified: