Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors (NOC 1463) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 08 - Jun 12, 2015
- The Vancouver Island Regional Library has announced that it will be changing the hours of operation across its 39 branches. Affected branches will see some layoffs; however, staff will be offered positions at other locations.
- A group of local business leaders have launched a new website ThisIsTheCoast.ca, aimed at attracting skilled entrepreneurial young people to the Sunshine Coast. The group is hoping that this demographic will help boost the local economy.
- Delta Airlines will begin running three flights a day between Seattle and Victoria in April 2016. The Victoria Airport Authority expects that the additional flights will boost tourism and business in the city.
- The 3,080-passenger Crown Princess cruise ship recently underwent an 11-day retrofit by Victoria Shipyards. The $5M refit required about 350 workers at the Esquimalt Graving Dock.
- As of May 1, Air Canada has started running two daily flights between Vancouver and Comox Valley. The new route will increase access for business and tourism for Comox.
- Date Modified: