Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Bakers (NOC 6252) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 27 - Jul 31, 2015
- Designer Shoe Warehouse will open its first location in BC on August 20, 2015. The 22,000-sq.-ft. location will create new jobs for 45 workers in Saanich.
- Fibber Magees Station, an Irish pub in Nanaimo, has announced that it will be closing its doors on August 16, 2015
- Habitat for Humanity will open a new ReStore in Victoria in early August. The Uptown store will be about two-thirds the size of its Langford store.
- North Saanich's Viking Air has signed an agreement with Reignwood Aviation Group for 50 Twin Otter airplanes over the next 20 years. The agreement will make Reignwood the exclusive representative for the Series 400 Twin Otters in China.
- Date Modified: