Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be limited for Bakers (NOC 6252) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience weaker employment growth. This, in addition to fewer workers retiring, is expected to limit employment opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Vancouver Island and Coast region was 37 years and 13% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- The Canvas Cup Coffee Bar in Port Alberni will be reopening under new ownership on May 1, 2015
- The City of Nanaimo will review its current by-laws covering street vendors in an attempt to make the city more friendly to food trucks
- Michaels Companies, a large craft and art supplies retailer, has hired 60 staff for its new store in Victoria scheduled to open on March 20, 2015
- Pomme, a natural and organic grocery chain, has established a presence in Nanaimo by acquiring Island Natural Markets. The store will be rebranded as a Pomme location later in 2015.
- A new Save-On-Foods opened in Parksville on February 14. The new location, which replaces an older, smaller store, will create an additional 50 jobs in the area.
- Date Modified: