Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in retail and wholesale bakeries and dining establishments. They are employed in bakeries, supermarkets, catering companies, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other institutions, or they may be self-employed. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods, and prepare batters for muffins, cookies, cakes, icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- Quality Foods has opened a new location in Langford, creating between 75 and 100 jobs. Quality Foods also announced that it plans to open two more stores in Victoria over the next year.
- The Coast Discovery Inn in Campbell River reopened on May 12, 2014. The Inn is planning a job fair on May 16, 2014 to fill 25 positions.
- Date Modified: