Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Bakers (NOC 6252) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 18 - Jan 22, 2016
- Chemainus Foods announced that it has closed its doors. The closure leaves Chemainus with one grocery store, 49th Parallel Grocery.
- Beach Fire Brewing is working to bring a craft brewery to Campbell River. If approved, the company expects to create 15 new jobs at the brewery and restaurant.
- BC Ferries added over 150 additional sailings between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island over the holiday season
- The Chequered Flag, a restaurant in Langford, has closed its doors. The building has been leased to the owner of Floyd's Diner, who is completing renovations and will be opening a new restaurant in January.
- Date Modified: