Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Bakers in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-05-22|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be limited for Bakers (NOC 6252) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience weaker employment growth. This, in addition to fewer workers retiring, is expected to limit employment opportunities.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in the Vancouver Island and Coast region was 37 years and 13% of workers were 55 years old and older.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Tourism Victoria recently reported that the city is surpassing its tourism goals for the start of the year. The city has seen an increase in hotel occupancy, revenue per room, ferry traffic and airport passengers compared to the same period last year.
- Holt Renfrew has announced that it will be expanding its Dunsmuir location in Vancouver by nearly 40,000 sq.-ft. The expansion will double the size of the personal shopping area and is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
- Pescatores, a restaurant in Victoria which is currently under extensive renovations, has decided to reopen as three separate restaurants. The restaurants are expected to create 60 new staff positions.
- DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, a discount footwear retailer, is opening its first store in BC. The Saanich store will open this fall, in the former Michaels location.
- Saanich city council has approved a new 40,000-sq.-ft. Whole Foods Market at Uptown shopping centre. The new store is the first Whole Foods on Vancouver Island.
- Date Modified: