Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Fish Processing in Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Labourers in Fish Processing (NOC 9618) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 18 - May 22, 2016
- The Canadian Coast Guard closed its marine traffic and services centre in Comox. Nine of the affected employees relocated to Sidney and nine were laid off.
- The Greater Victoria School District is requesting funding from the Ministry of Education to support hiring an additional 52 teachers and 50 support staff. The school board would also like to hire a number of speech-language pathologists
- Lowe's is completing $3M in renovations at Victoria's Tillicum Shopping Centre before opening its new store in the former Target location
- Conceptual plans were unveiled for a new long-term rental building in downtown Victoria. The 85,000 sq.-ft. building will include about 70 units as well as 5,000 sq.-ft. of ground-floor commercial space.
- Riverside Marine will not start its Victoria to Vancouver passenger ferry service until next year. The company is expecting that a complete refit of its vessel will take five to six months and begin in late May.
- Woss Lake Elementary, a school on Vancouver Island with only three children enrolled next year, is closing its doors
- Date Modified: