Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 08 - Dec 12, 2014
- Gardner Electric has been awarded a $1.3M contract to supply lighting and electrical services as part of the Irving pulp mill modernization project in Saint John. The contract will generate work for local electricians and apprentices.
- A fire has destroyed the Poley Mountain Ski Resort Lodge near Sussex, just after the resort had finished hiring its 180 full- and part-time staff for the season. Ownership hopes to operate the hill on some basis and keep most of the workers employed this season, while rebuilding the lodge in time for 2015-16.
- Saint John-based Xiplinx Technologies Ltd. plans to create 20 new jobs in sales, marketing, and customer support, with financial assistance from two levels of government. The company delivers software solutions to the packaged-goods sector.
- Co-op Atlantic will close its gas bar in Sussex at the beginning of December, affecting four jobs. According to Co-op officials, a number of factors including competition from other gas stations led to the decision to close.
- After some delays, construction is expected to begin in November on a Best Western Hotel in St. Stephen. It is hoped work on the 86-room hotel, which will include a restaurant, bar, health spa, pool, and fitness centre, will be completed by the spring of 2015.
- Potash Corp. will begin production at the new Piccadilly mine near Sussex by the end of October. The company had decreased production at a nearby mine over the last year, and plans to eventually close it.
- Date Modified: