Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 19 - Jan 23, 2015
- Bell Aliant has confirmed that it will cut about 50 management positions in Saint John. Front-line customer service operations and unionized positions are not impacted.
- Atlantic Potash Corp.'s plan to build a $350M fertilizer plant in Saint John is currently in the engineering phase. The company will then proceed to an environmental assessment, which could take up to 24 months. If the plant goes ahead, it could generate more than 1,300 jobs when completed.
- Xerox has laid off 30 sales and support centre workers in Saint John. The decision will reduce the company's workforce in the city from 220 to 190 employees.
- Bell Aliant has notified its employees that it may be cutting at least 50 management jobs in both Saint John and Halifax. There may also be smaller cuts in other communities in Atlantic Canada.
- Some Sussex-based trucking companies working closely with the forestry industry are struggling to find and keep truck drivers. The employers find they lose many potential drivers to the Alberta labour force.
- A new restaurant, Port City Royal, opened on Grannan Street in Saint John in December. Also, Rothesay-based Peddler's Creek restaurant has opened an outpost in the food court at Brunswick Square.
- Sussex-based Timberparts Ltd. and Kings County Mechanical will benefit from federal government investments to help them increase productivity. The companies specialize in fabrication for various industries such as mining, forestry, and construction.
- Date Modified: