Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The New Brunswick Museum is receiving $1.1M from the provincial government for design work costing, as well as a fundraising feasibility study, in order to plan for the expansion of its collections centre in Saint John
- The Sweet Café, serving breakfast and lunch, has opened on Union Street in Saint John
- Vancouver-based Appnovation Technologies Inc. will open a strategic sales and development centre in Saint John and create up to 63 technical and sales jobs over the next three years
- Atlantic Potash Corp. expects to spend $8M in New Brunswick over the next 18 months on the exploration of the Millstream potash deposit near Sussex. If it is determined a new potash mine is viable, it would be the third for the company in the area.
- According to the Conference Board of Canada, Saint John¿s GDP will grow by 1.4% in 2014, after increasing by only 0.2% last year. Construction activity in the city is predicted to increase in 2014, and will include upgrades to the Irving Pulp & Paper mill, repairs to the Harbour Bridge, water and sewer upgrades, and a new YMCA.
- The Staples store on Saint John's west side will close in September. No jobs will be lost as employees will be transferred to other Staples stores in the area.
- Date Modified: