Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 13 - Apr 17, 2015
- Moosehead Breweries announced it is delaying the layoff of 70-80 employees in Saint John by three months to the end of September. The company reports that a brief contract extension from a major client has led to the delay in the layoff.
- The Government of Canada is providing $3M to the St. Andrews Biological Station for upgrades to the access road and other building repairs at the station. The funding will help reduce operating costs and improve access to the site.
- A $7.5M barge terminal to be constructed over the next few months in Saint John could result in the hiring of many workers at nearby fabrication shops. The terminal will enable fabricators to build large units and move them to their destination by water.
- Nordia plans to add 250 workers to its Saint John call centre over the next two years, which will increase its workforce to 550 people. The company offers a variety of customer support services, and is a subsidiary of Bell Canada.
- The 2015 capital budget of $20.5M for the city of Saint John will include money for upgrades at the City Market and the Aquatic Centre, as well as road construction work
- The Rothesay Council has awarded a $1.1M contract to Fairville Construction to build a flood detention pond in 2015 for the Oakville Acres subdivision
- Date Modified: