Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Dietitians and Nutritionists (NOC 3132) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2016
- K&S Potash Canada is interested in hiring about 120 workers for its potash mine in Saskatchewan. The company held a job fair in Sussex in January, an area which has been affected by the recent closure of the Potash Corporation mine.
- J.D. Irving indicates it will need 3,700 workers over the next three years with various trades and professional qualifications for its operations across New Brunswick. The company recently held a job fair in Sussex.
- Following the recent closure of PotashCorp's Picadilly mine, the company is set to host a job fair in Sussex on February 3rd as it seeks 100 workers to move to its Saskatchewan-based mine operation
- A Home Hardware Design Centre will open in the former Lounsbury building in downtown Sussex within the next several months. The business is an expansion of a smaller-scale Home Hardware, which will remain open in the town.
- The federal government will spend $21M in upgrades to the Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Site in Saint John and Fundy National Park over the next couple of years
- Potash Corporation will shut down the Picadilly potash mine in Sussex, resulting in the loss of 420 to 430 jobs. A crew of 35 workers will remain to provide maintenance for the operation, and about 100 people will be offered mining jobs in Saskatchewan.
- Susy Shier and Hallmark will close their stores in Saint John's Brunswick Square in January, joining several other tenants that have recently left the mall. The new owners plan to upgrade the complex in the near future, in hopes of attracting new tenants.
- Burger King is seeking managers for a new restaurant that will open soon in St. Stephen, although the exact location in the town has yet to be announced
- Date Modified: