Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Dietitians and Nutritionists in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 20 - Oct 24, 2014
- After some delays, construction is expected to begin in November on a Best Western Hotel in St. Stephen. It is hoped work on the 86-room hotel, which will include a restaurant, bar, health spa, pool, and fitness centre, will be completed by the spring of 2015.
- Potash Corp. will begin production at the new Piccadilly mine near Sussex by the end of October. The company had decreased production at a nearby mine over the last year, and plans to eventually close it.
- According to the Saint John Police Force, it can be challenging to fill positions at its 911 communication centre. The centre is currently in the process of hiring three staff, and workers must be bilingual and well-suited to the demanding job.
- The YMCA of Greater Saint John will add 80 new paid workers to its current staff of 140 over the coming months, as it prepares to move into its new $22M building on Churchill Avenue
- Regulations to reduce ship emissions have resulted in fewer cruise ship visitors to Saint John in recent years, according to port officials. It is hoped that there will be a rebound in the numbers once the industry, which remains important to the city's economy, adapts to the new regulations.
- Saint John-based Moosehead Breweries Limited will lay off around 70 of its 144 workers in June 2015 as a result of the loss of a major contract. The company and union are working to support affected workers, some of whom may opt for retirement.
- Date Modified: