Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
campground supervisor, hotel clerk supervisor, parking lot supervisor, reservations supervisor, supervisor, clubhouse attendants, supervisor, commissionaires, supervisor, security guards, supervisor, ski lift attendants, supervisor, theatre attendants, supervisor, ticket takers, tour guide supervisor, travel clerk supervisor.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- Sitel is hiring 215 employees at their Saint John call centre in response to new and expanding contracts with large companies. The new positions are in the areas of technical support and customer care.
- DealerMine, an Ontario-based company that provides outsourced customer relations services for car dealerships, will create 135 jobs in Saint John over three years with financial assistance from the provincial government. The company currently employs more than 120 workers in the city.
- Lifestyles Fitness gym in Sussex will close early in May. According to the owner, competition from other recently-opened gyms in the area has hurt business. The fitness class portion of the business will continue under new ownership.
- Sitel, a call centre in Saint John which employs about 400 workers, is expected to eliminate about 50 jobs in March, as it concludes work on a particular project. The company hopes to get new business opportunities and add positions in the months to come. According to various groups, the contact industry will remain strong in New Brunswick, despite occasional shifts common to its nature.
- Date Modified: