Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Other Service Supervisors (NOC 6216) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Other Service Supervisors in the Saint John - St. Stephen region:
- Approximately 360 people work in this occupation.
- Other Service Supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55-56): 55%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 29%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 12%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 25 - Apr 29, 2016
- Unilever announced it will close its customer contact centre in Saint John in September affecting approximately 50 employees as part of a North American reorganization. Unilever opened its Saint John centre in 2001.
- Opportunities New Brunswick announced a payroll subsidy of $150,000 for Clean Harbours, an environmental cleaning company that was established in Saint John in June 2014. The company expects to grow to 15 employees by the end of the year.
- Nordia plans to add 250 workers to its Saint John call centre over the next two years, which will increase its workforce to 550 people. The company offers a variety of customer support services, and is a subsidiary of Bell Canada.
- Date Modified: