Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Other Service Supervisors (NOC 6216) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 17 - Aug 21, 2015
- Opportunities New Brunswick announced a payroll subsidy of $150,000 for Clean Harbours, an environmental cleaning company that was established in Saint John in June 2014. The company expects to grow to 15 employees by the end of the year.
- Nordia plans to add 250 workers to its Saint John call centre over the next two years, which will increase its workforce to 550 people. The company offers a variety of customer support services, and is a subsidiary of Bell Canada.
- A fire has destroyed the Poley Mountain Ski Resort Lodge near Sussex, just after the resort had finished hiring its 180 full- and part-time staff for the season. Ownership hopes to operate the hill on some basis and keep most of the workers employed this season, while rebuilding the lodge in time for 2015-16.
- Date Modified: