Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 25 - Aug 29, 2014
- New Glasgow-based Summer Street Industries has received $198,000 from the federal government for a project to help ten youth facing barriers to find jobs
- Trenton Park is hoping to have TreeGo, an aerial adventure course, installed and open by the spring of 2015. It will employ eight local staff.
- Royal DSM NV will receive up to $6.2M from the provincial government if they create and maintain jobs at their fish oil processing plant in Mulgrave. Some of this money, specifically $1.2M, would be in the form of payroll rebates.
- Cafeteria services at the Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre in Amherst will end in September 2014. Meals will continue to be prepared for patients, and no full-time jobs will be lost. Casual positions, however, could be affected.
- Winners, a department store chain, will open a store in the Truro Mall in Truro in August
- Workers at a Petro-Canada gas bar that closed recently in Glenholme have been offered jobs at a separately-run Petro-Canada operation scheduled to open within a few weeks in nearby Masstown
- The Town of Antigonish and the union representing workers with its electric utility have signed an agreement which will result in a 30% payout of accumulated sick leave, and the return of wages lost by members during a lockout in July 2014
- Date Modified: