Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||Undetermined||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2016
- Peace by Chocolate, a small chocolate factory started by a family of Syrian refugees in August 2016 in Antigonish, has recently hired three local workers. The factory may need to hire more people for an expected busy Christmas season.
- Canaqua Seafoods Ltd., in Advocate Harbour, has received $300K in debtor-in-possession financing, to keep operating while it attempts to restructure. Canaqua, which grows fish in large tanks on land, employs about 11 people.
- Alton Gas will delay the main work of the first phase of a $130M natural gas storage project near Alton until 2017 but continue some preliminary construction on the site which currently employs about 25 workers on a daily basis
- The Rainbow Motel in Truro will close at the end of October 2016, with the property sold to neighbouring Zacks Auto Sales. That company will demolish the motel and add four or five additional employees as it expands its own operation.
- The federal government will invest $14.1M in 2016 on 12 small craft harbour improvement projects in northeast Nova Scotia. According to the government, coastal communities benefit from the employment opportunities of such investments.
- Date modified: