Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 01 - Dec 05, 2014
- Truro Nissan will open in Truro in February 2015 and employ 15 workers
- Authentic Seacoast Company will increase production at the Rare Bird Brewery in Guysborough and also construct a distillery to produce rum. The company's workforce in the area will increase from 21 to as many as 60 employees.
- According to the union representing workers at IMP Aerostructures in Amherst, 90 workers have been given layoff notices since May 2014. The union indicates it has been a slow year, with several major contracts expiring.
- Little Wonders Child Care Centres has suddenly closed its two locations in Truro
- The Lily Pad, an outlet for local artisans and crafters to showcase and sell their goods, has opened in Truro
- A Wendy's franchise in Amherst has closed, but the 25 employees have been given jobs at Tim Hortons locations run by the same owners in the area. There is speculation that Wendy's could re-open under new operators at some point.
- Real estate company Results Realty has opened within the past few months in New Glasgow, and employs five agents
- Date Modified: