Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers - Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Government Managers - Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration (NOC 0412) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 16 - May 20, 2016
- A Boston Pizza restaurant will open in June 2016 on Robie Street in Truro. The business recently held a job fair to fill 110 positions.
- Appleton Chocolates will open in Tatamagouche, NS in May 2016. Chocolates will be made on site, and the business will employ five people.
- The Chignecto-Central Regional School board will have 43 more teaching positions in the fall of 2016. Despite declining enrolments, a cap on class sizes has led to a budget increase for teaching positions across Nova Scotia.
- The Government of Quebec will invest nearly $317M into road repair and airport infrastructure in the Côte-Nord region throughout 2016-2018. These projects will create and maintain over 1,900 jobs. (available in French only)
- The three school boards of Fer, Estuaire and Moyenne-Côte-Nord will invest close to $5.7M to renovate some of their schools. The Government of Quebec is contributing financially to the projects. (available in French only)
- Three tourism projects will be improved thanks to a $1.77M investment, including financial aid from the Government of Quebec. The projects involve Destination Sept-Îles Nakauinanu as well as improvements to De La Berge Street in Havre-Saint-Pierre. (available in French only)
- The City of Sept-Îles will complete the construction and maintenance of new roads in the Sainte-Famille neighbourhood of the Rochette area by the fall. The $2.8M project is funded in part by the Government of Québec. (available in French only)
- The Estuaire school board office will move to Baie-Comeau in July 2017 following an investment of about $1.8M (available in French only)
- Tim Hortons is investing $1.8M to open a restaurant next to the Petro Canada convenience store in Forestville. They plan to hire about 15 employees in mid-July. (available in French only)
- The Town of Truro, with assistance from the federal government, will redevelop its civic square. The project will involve landscaping, and the addition of a new library building and outdoor ice surface.
- AltaGas Ltd. will restart construction in the summer of 2016 on the Alton natural gas storage facility. About 60 to 80 contractors will be employed over the life of the project, and once completed the facility will employ eight to 10 full-time workers.
- Damascus Pizza & Donair, a restaurant in Truro, has closed and the property sold for other use. However, the owner hopes to eventually reopen elsewhere in the area.
- Date Modified: