Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration (NOC 0412) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 26 - Dec 30, 2016
- Aecon Atlantic recently laid off some workers at its facility in Pictou due to work slowdowns, which the company says are normal in the industry. Aecon had been fabricating turbines for the Fundy tidal projects, and work is expected to increase in 2017.
- Peace by Chocolate, a small chocolate factory started by a family of Syrian refugees in August 2016 in Antigonish, has recently hired three local workers. The factory may need to hire more people for an expected busy Christmas season.
- Canaqua Seafoods Ltd., in Advocate Harbour, has received $300K in debtor-in-possession financing, to keep operating while it attempts to restructure. Canaqua, which grows fish in large tanks on land, employs about 11 people.
- Alton Gas will delay the main work of the first phase of a $130M natural gas storage project near Alton until 2017 but continue some preliminary construction on the site which currently employs about 25 workers on a daily basis
- The Rainbow Motel in Truro will close at the end of October 2016, with the property sold to neighbouring Zacks Auto Sales. That company will demolish the motel and add four or five additional employees as it expands its own operation.
- Date modified: