Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 15 - Sep 19, 2014
- Construction is expected to begin in the fall of 2014 on the $2.7M East River Business Park in New Glasgow. Weeks Construction will be the main contractor for the project.
- Construction of the Sable Wind project near Canso has increased employment in the area more than expected, even though few permanent jobs will result upon its completion in December. Site maintenance will be done by current municipal workers.
- The Convergys Call Centre in New Glasgow has received a reprieve from its anticipated closure, as a result of securing new contracts. According to the company, the 250 New Glasgow employees would have been put out of work by the end of September if not for the new business.
- New Glasgow-based Summer Street Industries has received $198,000 from the federal government for a project to help ten youth facing barriers to find jobs
- Trenton Park is hoping to have TreeGo, an aerial adventure course, installed and open by the spring of 2015. It will employ eight local staff.
- Royal DSM NV will receive up to $6.2M from the provincial government if they create and maintain jobs at their fish oil processing plant in Mulgrave. Some of this money, specifically $1.2M, would be in the form of payroll rebates.
- Date Modified: