Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by consulting engineering and construction companies, public works, transportation and other government departments and in many other industries.
bridge design technician, building materials technician, civil engineering technician, civil engineering technologist, construction technologist, foundation technologist, highway technician, municipal engineering assistant, soil technologist – civil engineering, specifications writer, construction, structural design technologist, structural investigator.
- Develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Conduct or supervise inspection and testing of construction materials
- May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects.
- Assist in developing engineering specifications and drawings
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||Undetermined||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 18 - Feb 22, 2013
- Colchester County's Ocean Sonics and Instrument Concepts won a $297,000 federal contract to monitor boat traffic
- Pictou County-based online training company, Velsoft, wins contract to provide online learning to ECO Canada
- TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd. in Bible Hill used a federal government investment to develop a process to grow produce 365 days a year
- Federal government provides $155,000 in funding for two companies in Great Village to develop ocean-measuring systems
- Date Modified: