Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Optometrists in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- Duffy's Esso, a full-service gas station in Amherst, closed in October after 51 years in business. The owner says it is hard for old-style gas stations to compete with larger, modern operations.
- Vida Cannabis hopes to have all approvals in place for its medical marijuana facility in Stellarton by early 2015, so it can ship crops by spring. There are plans to hire about 40 people, with potential for up to 200 workers over time.
- Shoppers Drug Mart will close its Trenton location in October
- Alva Construction has begun construction on the $5M project to replace the aboiteau (tide gate) on the LaPlanche River in Amherst. CBCL Ltd. conducted the engineering aspects of the project.
- The three-year, $100M natural gas storage project near Stewiacke has begun, employing about 70 people in its construction phase. When completed, Heritage Gas will use underground caverns to store the gas until it is ready for use.
- Construction is expected to begin in the fall of 2014 on the $2.7M East River Business Park in New Glasgow. Weeks Construction will be the main contractor for the project.
- Construction of the Sable Wind project near Canso has increased employment in the area more than expected, even though few permanent jobs will result upon its completion in December. Site maintenance will be done by current municipal workers.
- Date Modified: