Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Optometrists in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Heritage Gas will further expand its natural gas pipeline from Stellarton to New Glasgow in the summer of 2015. Between 50 and 100 workers, including many local labourers, welders, and equipment operators, will be employed on the project.
- About 600 additional trades people will be involved over a three-week period in Northern Pulp's annual maintenance shutdown program at its mill in Pictou County. The program will begin at the end of May.
- TruLeaf will increase the number of staff from 12 to 20 at its indoor farm near Truro. Farm workers with the company will receive an hourly wage of between $16 to $17.
- Authentic Seacoast will likely add 20 to 40 workers to the 20 it now employs in the Guysborough area when work is completed in August on a new distillery. Thirty workers have also been employed during peak construction periods on the distillery.
- At a recent job fair in Pictou County, employers indicated that opportunities exist for workers in local fish plants, in nursing-related work, and in the insurance and trucking fields
- Contracts have been awarded to Maritech Construction, Beale & Inch, and Costin Paving and Contracting to do street repairs in Amherst
- Date Modified: