Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Optometrists in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Optometrists (NOC 3121) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- The federal government will invest $10.8M over the next two years to repair and maintain the infrastructure at seven small craft harbours in Central Nova Scotia
- Construction of a new 25-bed nursing home to replace an existing facility will begin immediately in Antigonish. Shannex will operate the facility, which is expected to open by February 2018.
- In New Glasgow, NS, about 40 workers are currently directly employed converting the former Temperance Street School into apartment units
- Renovations are currently underway in the Truro Mall to prepare for the September 2016 opening of a Rossy variety store
- The Strait Regional School Board will cut 9.35 full-time equivalent teaching positons through attrition due mainly to declining enrolments. The board will also eliminate a small number of teaching assistant, school board, and support staff positions.
- Dalhousie University will close the daycare at its agriculture campus in Bible Hill in September 2016, due to declining enrolments. The jobs of five full-time staff will be affected.
- Authentic Seacoast Company has opened its new distillery and brewing facility in Guysborough. About 20 workers are currently employed with the company, and it needs to hire 20 to 25 more.
- The Tri-County Regional School Board will add four teaching positions, and reinstate some school librarian positions cut in 2015. Increased funding from other sources enabled the board to offset the loss of some positons caused by declining enrolments.
- Date Modified: