Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
auto detailer, building exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, chimney cleaner, freight car cleaner, furnace cleaner, laboratory equipment cleaner, sandblaster, septic tank cleaner, upholstery cleaner, vehicle cleaner, ventilation system cleaner, window cleaner.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
Outlook & Prospects for Specialized Cleaners in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-14|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|North Shore Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-05|
|Southern Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- June 2014 | (PDF, 616 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 864 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 864 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 595 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 595 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 605 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 746 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 539 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 540 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 547 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 515 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 317 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 234 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 414 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 23 - Jun 27, 2014
- Millennium 1 Solutions, a Bridgewater-based call centre that primarily serves the financial sector, will create up to 150 jobs over the next five years with the assistance of a provincial payroll rebate program. The company currently employs 200 workers.
- The Clare Recycling Centre will close, putting six full-time and several part-time employees out of work
- Nova Scotia is reporting a shortage of experienced farm equipment mechanics, many of whom are heading to Alberta for higher paying jobs
- Date Modified: