Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Accounting and Related Clerks</i> (1431), <i>Payroll Clerks</i> (1432), <i>Customer Service Representatives – Financial Services</i> (1433), <i>Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks</i> (1434) and <i>Collectors</i> (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
accounts payable supervisor, accounts receivable supervisor, bank clerks supervisor, billing supervisor, bookkeeping supervisor, collection supervisor, credit supervisor, payroll supervisor, savings supervisor, supervisor of accounting, supervisor, claims adjusters, supervisor, customer service representatives.
- Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; serving customers in banks, trust companies and other financial institutions; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits, deposits and withdrawals
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Clerks in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Undetermined||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 17 - Mar 21, 2014
- The Bank of Montreal in Springdale will be reopening a new full-service branch to replace the building that was destroyed by fire last January. The temporary location will close on 21 March.
- Date Modified: