Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 12 - Jan 16, 2015
- The government of NL contributed $25,000 in funding to the Wooden Boat Museum of Newfoundland and Labrador to support the International Heritage Boat Conference that will be held in Trinity Bight in October 2016
- Central Health is looking to fill 50 licensed practical nurses (LPN) positions. They have already hired some LPN's from Jamaica to fill the nursing shortage in central Newfoundland. They are expected to start work in the spring.
- The government of NL has issued a tender for the construction of a new bridge to replace the Sir Robert Bond Bridge. The project is expected to take two construction seasons to complete.
- The government of NL announced $109,835 in funding through the Workplace Skills Enhancement program to Anaconda Mining Inc. to help them to improve workplace skills, as well as productivity and production capacity, in the milling area of the operation
- The government of NL announced $60,000 in funding for infrastructure upgrades to the White Hills ski resort in Clarenville
- The contract for the demolition of the AbitibiBowater mill in Grand Falls-Windsor has been awarded to Delsan-A.I.M. The dismantling of the mill is scheduled to start in early January, and is expected to take 18 months to complete.
- The government of NL announced $54,810 in funding to assist the Fogo Island Co-Operative Society to purchase and install new sanitization equipment for their seafood processing operations
- The government of NL will provide $39,000 to Papa John's Sportswear Centre Ltd. of Gander, in order to purchase and install a new screen-printing machine, which will help to enhance productivity and grow the business
- The fish plant in Change Islands has closed temporarily due to occupational health and safety issues. Approximately 24 people are affected by the closure.
- Date Modified: