Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
agricultural products inspector, crop certification inspector, dairy products inspector, fish inspector, fish products inspector, fruit and vegetables inspector, grain inspector, livestock inspector, meat inspector, plant protection inspector, poultry inspector, supervisor, agricultural products inspection, supervisor, fish products inspection.
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The provincial government announced $3.3M in funding for new facilities, road upgrades and water and sewer infrastructure for Baie Verte - Springdale. The projects will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the District of Baie Verte - Springdale.
- The provincial government announced $157,000 in funding to purchase new firefighting equipment for communities in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Buchans. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $12.5M in funding for infrastructure upgrades in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Buchans. The project will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $183,000 in funding to purchase a new fire truck and firefighting equipment for the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Green Bay South. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $1.2M in funding for infrastructure in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Green Bay South, including water and sewer upgrades and the expansion of the Triton fire hall. The funding will be cost-shared with the towns.
- The provincial government announced $145,000 in funding for a new fire truck and equipment for the District of Baie Verte-Springdale. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government awarded a $2.3M contract to LSG Construction of Gander to complete site preparation work for the construction of a new school in Gander
- The Exploits region received $1.5M in provincial funding for improvements to water infrastructure, paving and the installation of lift stations
- The provincial government is providing more than $745,000 to the Dr. H. Twomey Health Centre in Botwood for new equipment and infrastructure upgrades
- The provincial government is partnering with various communities in the District of Terra Nova to invest $1.4M in water, sewage and road improvement projects
- The provincial government is providing more than $870,000 to the Valley Vista Senior Citizen¿s Home and the Green Bay Health Centre in Springdale for minor upgrades and purchases to improve patient care
- A $390,000 contract has been awarded to P & B Trucking and Rentals for site development of the new health care facility to replace the Green Bay Heath Centre in Springdale
- The provincial government is partnering with the towns of Bonavista, Elliston and Trinity Bay North to provide $1.2M for road improvements, bridge building and water system upgrades
- The provincial government announced $245,000 in funding for the purchase of a new pumper truck to support fire protection services in George's Brook-Milton
- Date Modified: