Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 30 - Apr 03, 2015
- Mining operations at the Rambler Mines and Metals site near Ming's Bight on the Burin Peninsula has temporarily shut down due to a fire on March 31 that destroyed vital rescue gear. The mine is expected to be closed for a few days.
- The MV Veteran was launched on March 27 at Damen Shipyards in Romania and is now entering the final stage of construction. The new ferry will service Fogo Island and Change Islands and is expected to be delivered to NL in the Fall.
- The crab processing plant at Breakwater Fisheries in Cottlesville was destroyed by fire. The plant operated seasonally and was the major source of employment in the area. Approximately 150 people were employed at the plant.
- The government of NL announced $100,000 in funding to Tthe Sir William Ford Coaker Heritage Foundation to restore the Union Electric building in Port Union
- The government of NL has invested $2M in funding to purchase new health care equipment for the James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre in Gander
- The government of NL announced $6.7M to upgrade and purchase new equipment for three health care facilities in Grand Falls-Windsor and Buchans
- The new treatment centre for youth with addictions in Grand Falls-Windsor was officially named the Hope Valley Centre. The government of NL invested $12.5M in funding into this facility to enhance mental health and addictions services in NL.
- Date Modified: