Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
agricultural products inspector, crop certification inspector, dairy products inspector, fish inspector, fish products inspector, fruit and vegetables inspector, grain inspector, livestock inspector, meat inspector, plant protection inspector, poultry inspector, supervisor, agricultural products inspection, supervisor, fish products inspection.
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- The provincial government announced $450,000 in funding for upgrades and enhancements to the Lakeside Homes long-term care facility in Gander
- The provincial government awarded a $178,500 contract to LSG Construction of Gander to complete roofing upgrades on Sprucewood Academy in Grand Falls-Windsor
- According to Central Health of NL, it is a challenge to find nurses to replace employees on leave during the summer holidays. In order to fill the gaps, Central Health uses a list of minimum six standby nurses each night.
- The provincial government announced $400,000 in funding for a water storage tank for the town of Campbellton. Funding for the project is being cost-shared between the provincial government and the town of Campbellton.
- The provincial government will invest $4.1M for wharf improvements on Fogo Island and Change Islands in preparation for the new ferry service which will begin in 2015
- The provincial government announced $215,761 in funding to the Bonavista Historic Townscape Foundation to plan and design the third phase of the Harbour Front restoration initiative
- Date Modified: