Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Conservation and Fishery Officers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Superior Glove Works has added eight positions to its staff of 83 full-time workers at its plant in Point Leamington, and anticipates adding four more. The company will receive financial assistance from the federal government to increase production.
- The Gander International Airport Authority reports that there was some growth in profit and passengers at the airport over the past year, and that two new domestic airlines have joined the two that had already been in place
- Operations at Cottles Island Lumber, a large lumber company in Notre Dame Bay, are expected to resume this week. The company shut down operations in early April due to a fire that destroyed the plant's main warehouse.
- The Town of Port Blandford and The Port Blandford Recreation Board have contributed a total of $125,000 in combined funding towards a new municipal park for the town. The town hopes to start the project in 2015.
- Provincial Airlines announced the return of its scheduled service to Gander International Airport effective May 4. Travellers can now book flights from St. John's to Gander, Gander to Goose Bay, and return.
- Cottles Island Lumber, a large lumber company in Notre Dame Bay, has shut down operations after a warehouse fire. Approximately 30 people worked at the site.
- The government of NL announced a $170,000 contract to Industrial Commercial Maintenance Ltd. of Corner Brook to provide electrical upgrades at Lumsden Academy in Bonavista Bay
- Date Modified: