Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers (NOC 9462) in the Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 15 - Jun 19, 2015
- Duck Pond Mine, in central NL, will close at the end of June. The closure will create a ripple effect on the west coast community of St. George's which shipped ore from the community port, meaning 12 people will lose their jobs.
- The Government of NL awarded a $315,000 contract to R & D Construction Limited for accessibility improvements to the Arts and Culture Centre in Gander
- The Government of NL awarded a $13.8M contract to Johnson's Construction Ltd. to begin construction of the new Sir Robert Bond Bridge, the only east-west highway link that crosses the Exploits River
- Many NL companies involved in servicing the oil and gas industry are struggling to cope with the downturn in oil prices. Some companies are sharing work in offices around the world to avoid mass layoffs.
- Construction on the main runway at St. John's International Airport is scheduled to begin the week of June 1. The runway will be shut down while new technology is installed that will improve service. There may be some delays for travellers.
- The Government of NL awarded a $772,000 contract to Bennett's Construction & Supplies Limited of Grand Bank for wharf enhancements at Fogo Island to accommodate the larger dimensions of the new ferry, the MV Veteran, for Fogo Island-Change Islands
- The Government of NL has issued a tender for road upgrades to the Trans Canada Highway between Gambo and Benton
- The first stage of the demolition of the former Abitibi Bowater mill site in Grand Falls-Windsor has been completed. The provincial government received $500,000 in payment from Delsan-A.I.M. Environmental Services as a percentage of the sale of salvaged assets.
- The Clarenville Area Co-op has formed a partnership with the Coleman's Group. Coleman's will now source and deliver all produce to the supermarket as well as meat, seafood and baked goods. The transition will take place over the next few weeks.
- Date Modified: