Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 31 - Apr 04, 2014
- The provincial government announced $1.5M as part of a two-year $4.3M capital investment for the construction of a medical science labs at College of the North Atlantic in Grand Falls-Windsor
- The Anaconda Gold Mine, at Pine Cove, on the Baie Verte Peninsula plans to double production and expand the life of the mine
- The Captain Earl W Winsor, the vessel that services Fogo Island and Change Islands is out of service due to rudder problems. Temporary air services are being provided in the interim.
- The Bank of Montreal in Springdale will be reopening a new full-service branch to replace the building that was destroyed by fire last January. The temporary location will close on 21 March.
- The provincial government announced $15,000 through the Capital Grants Program to purchase new recreational equipment for the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor
- Business is booming in Grand Falls-Windsor. Seventeen new businesses have opened so far in 2014, 53 enterprises were started in 2012, and 46 business set up shop.
- Date Modified: