Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2015
- Operations at Cottles Island Lumber, a large lumber company in Notre Dame Bay, are expected to resume this week. The company shut down operations in early April due to a fire that destroyed the plant's main warehouse.
- The Town of Port Blandford and The Port Blandford Recreation Board have contributed a total of $125,000 in combined funding towards a new municipal park for the town. The town hopes to start the project in 2015.
- Provincial Airlines announced the return of its scheduled service to Gander International Airport effective May 4. Travellers can now book flights from St. John's to Gander, Gander to Goose Bay, and return.
- Cottles Island Lumber, a large lumber company in Notre Dame Bay, has shut down operations after a warehouse fire. Approximately 30 people worked at the site.
- The government of NL announced a $170,000 contract to Industrial Commercial Maintenance Ltd. of Corner Brook to provide electrical upgrades at Lumsden Academy in Bonavista Bay
- Mining operations at the Rambler Mines and Metals site near Ming's Bight on the Burin Peninsula has temporarily shut down due to a fire on March 31 that destroyed vital rescue gear. The mine is expected to be closed for a few days.
- The MV Veteran was launched on March 27 at Damen Shipyards in Romania and is now entering the final stage of construction. The new ferry will service Fogo Island and Change Islands and is expected to be delivered to NL in the Fall.
- Date Modified: