Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The provincial government announced $3.3M in funding for new facilities, road upgrades and water and sewer infrastructure for Baie Verte - Springdale. The projects will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the District of Baie Verte - Springdale.
- The provincial government announced $157,000 in funding to purchase new firefighting equipment for communities in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Buchans. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $12.5M in funding for infrastructure upgrades in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Buchans. The project will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $183,000 in funding to purchase a new fire truck and firefighting equipment for the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Green Bay South. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $1.2M in funding for infrastructure in the District of Grand Falls-Windsor - Green Bay South, including water and sewer upgrades and the expansion of the Triton fire hall. The funding will be cost-shared with the towns.
- The provincial government announced $145,000 in funding for a new fire truck and equipment for the District of Baie Verte-Springdale. The funding will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government awarded a $2.3M contract to LSG Construction of Gander to complete site preparation work for the construction of a new school in Gander
- The Exploits region received $1.5M in provincial funding for improvements to water infrastructure, paving and the installation of lift stations
- The provincial government is providing more than $745,000 to the Dr. H. Twomey Health Centre in Botwood for new equipment and infrastructure upgrades
- The provincial government is partnering with various communities in the District of Terra Nova to invest $1.4M in water, sewage and road improvement projects
- The provincial government is providing more than $870,000 to the Valley Vista Senior Citizen¿s Home and the Green Bay Health Centre in Springdale for minor upgrades and purchases to improve patient care
- A $390,000 contract has been awarded to P & B Trucking and Rentals for site development of the new health care facility to replace the Green Bay Heath Centre in Springdale
- The provincial government is partnering with the towns of Bonavista, Elliston and Trinity Bay North to provide $1.2M for road improvements, bridge building and water system upgrades
- The provincial government announced $245,000 in funding for the purchase of a new pumper truck to support fire protection services in George's Brook-Milton
- Date Modified: