Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Human resources managers (NOC 0112) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula and Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay regions due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- Two Gander pilots are opening a new brewery in the area called Scud Runner Brewing. Test batches have been done for the past 18 months and they are planning to be up and running by June.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced $22M in joint funding for a new wastewater treatment plant for Gander. The new facility and 2.5km of new piping will ensure the town can meet the federal wastewater system effluent regulations.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced over $6.83M in joint funding for the expansion of the wastewater treatment facility in Grand Falls-Windsor. The investment will be for the addition of a secondary level of treatment at the facility.
- The Town of Clarenville and surrounding areas have received $456,000 in federal and provincial government funding for infrastructure projects. The projects include upgrades to recreational facilities.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced $634,750 in funding for five projects in Notre Dame Bay communities. The projects include infrastructure upgrades, building renovations, and new skateboard park equipment.
- The federal and provincial governments have announced over $131,000 in funding for projects in five communities on the Burin Peninsula. The projects include trail upgrades, renovations and upgrades to buildings in some of the communities.
- Date modified: