Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Human Resources Managers in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- The provincial government plans to move ahead with plans to build a facility for dementia patients near Salt Pond on the Burin Peninsula. No timelines have been provided for construction to begin.
- Northern Harvest Sea Farms will add 35 jobs at its salmon production facilities in Harbour Breton and St. Alban's, with financial assistance from the provincial government. The new jobs will increase the company's workforce to 180 employees.
- According to a status update from the government of NL, Canada Fluorspar continues to build the local workforce in anticipation of eventually reopening the St. Lawrence fluorspar mine. Reopening of the mine was originally announced in 2011.
- Ocean Choice International (OCI) plans to increase the number of working hours available to staff at its fish plant in Fortune over the summer months, after a slow period created by poor fish catches
- Grand Bank-based Dynamic Air Shelters, a manufacturer of inflatable shelters for commercial, industrial, and military use, is holding job fairs to attract 30 to 40 new employees
- The Government of NL, through the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation (NLHC), announced $134,000 in funding to provide interior and exterior upgrades to two social housing homes in Burin
- Date Modified: