Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for By-Law Enforcement and Other Regulatory Officers, n.e.c. in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to By-Law Enforcement and Other Regulatory Officers, n.e.c. (NOC 6463) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 08 - Jun 12, 2015
- The Government of NL has issued a tender for the construction of a culvert which will result in the re-opening of Route 230-21 at English Harbour on the Bonavista Peninsula. Work is expected to take place over the summer and early fall.
- The Hebron project in Bull Arm is still on track to produce first oil by 2017. Construction of the Gravity-Based Structure (GBS) and the living quarters are underway. The completed platform is expected to be towed offshore to the Grand Banks in 2017.
- According to the Government of NL, the 32 weeks of work for 110 workers in Fortune meets Ocean Choice International's commitment to an agreement signed in 2012. The company hopes to provide 20 weeks of work this year.
- The provincial government plans to move ahead with plans to build a facility for dementia patients near Salt Pond on the Burin Peninsula. No timelines have been provided for construction to begin.
- Northern Harvest Sea Farms will add 35 jobs at its salmon production facilities in Harbour Breton and St. Alban's, with financial assistance from the provincial government. The new jobs will increase the company's workforce to 180 employees.
- According to a status update from the government of NL, Canada Fluorspar continues to build the local workforce in anticipation of eventually reopening the St. Lawrence fluorspar mine. Reopening of the mine was originally announced in 2011.
- Ocean Choice International (OCI) plans to increase the number of working hours available to staff at its fish plant in Fortune over the summer months, after a slow period created by poor fish catches
- Date Modified: