Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Trades and Related Occupations (NOC 7383) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 07 - Sep 11, 2015
- The GSF Grand Banks, a semi-submersible drill rig owned by Transocean Ltd., will end its contract with Husky Energy on September 19. The new West Mira is expected to begin drilling in 2016 and will have 160 crew members.
- The Government of NL is investing $1M to support the purchase of new equipment and infrastructure upgrades at health care facilities on the Burin Peninsula.
- Irving Shipbuilding hosted a job fair at the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre on September 2. The company has openings for 50 welders, 50 pipefitters and 25 ironworkers. They are also hiring engineers with shipbuilding experience.
- The Barry Group plans to reopen the aquaculture plant in Harbour Breton in November, creating 100-plus jobs. The Barry Group will invest $3.5M into the plant.
- The Government of NL announced $1.5M in funding for economic infrastructure and an expanding aquaculture industry in Harbour Breton
- The Government of NL has awarded a $950,000 contract to J-1 Contracting Limited for road upgrades in the District of Fortune Bay-Cape La Hune
- The Government of NL is investing $161,000 in funding, through Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation, for exterior renovations to four housing units located in Belleoram, Milltown and St. Jacques
- The Government of NL has awarded a $500,000 contract to Blue Bird Investment Ltd. of Grand Falls-Windsor for window replacement and exterior upgrades to King Academy in Harbour Breton
- The Government of NL has awarded a $1.7M contract to Nortech Construction Co Ltd. for roadwork in the District of Grand Bank
- The Government of NL has awarded a $1M contract to Nortech Construction Co Ltd. for road upgrades to several locations on the Burin Peninsula
- Date Modified: