Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- The provincial government announced $41,000 in funding for the purchase of firefighting equipment for the District of Fortune Bay-Cape La Hune
- The provincial government announced $46,000 in funding to purchase firefighting equipment for six communities in the District of Grand Bank
- A new health care facility is scheduled to open on the Burin Peninsula in late October or early November. Eastern Health hopes to recruit a full-time doctor and nurse practitioner for that facility.
- Construction is underway on a new $15M recreation complex in Marystown. The facility will be located at the entrance to Marystown, and is expected to be open by December 2015.
- The provincial government announced a pilot project to assist fishers harvesting cod in the 3Ps fishing zone. The project is meant to encourage fishers to catch more of the available quota and provide them with more opportunity to sell their catch.
- St. John¿s-based Talon Energy Services Inc., which specializes in energy services and solutions for the oil and gas sector, has received $500,000 in funding from the federal government to establish an industrial fabrication facility in Port aux Basques
- Scheduling and equipment delivery has delayed the opening of a salmon processing plant in Harbour Breton, which had been hoped to be operational by summer or fall. The plant is now expected to open in February 2015 and will employ 150 people.
- Date Modified: