Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
This is a large occupation in the region with a labour force of about 6,155 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 20 - Jul 24, 2015
- Giant Tiger Stores Limited opened a second location in Sarnia in June, creating 40 full- and part-time jobs
- British clothing brand Bench (Freemark Apparel Brands Inc.) will open a location in May 2015 at the Windsor Crossing Outlet Mall
- A Multi Foods Supermarket featuring Asian and South American foods will open in Windsor on Crawford Avenue by May 2015, creating approximately 50 jobs
- Date Modified: