Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail basis. Retail trade managers are employed by retail sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
antique dealer, assistant manager – retail, bookstore manager, car dealership manager, clothing store manager, department store manager, pleasure boat dealer, service station manager, sporting goods store manager, store manager – retail, supermarket manager, travel agency manager, variety store manager.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in retail sales or of departments in such establishments
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
- Resolve customer complaints
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for retail trade managers are expected to be fair in the Windsor-Sarnia economic region. This is a large occupation in the region with a labour force of approximately 6,200 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- Sun Media Corporation closed its call centre at the Bayside Centre in Sarnia as operations were moved offshore, affecting about 80 workers
- Giant Tiger Stores Limited will open a new location in Blenheim in October 2014, creating up to 15 jobs
- Atelka Inc. officially announced the opening of a new contact centre in Sarnia at the Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park in June. The company currently employs about 180 staff, but expects to increase up to 300 workers.
- Cosmetics retailer Sephora will open a location inside the Devonshire Mall in Windsor this fall
- Food Basics on Dougall Avenue and Sobeys grocery store at Tecumseh Mall in Windsor will close on July 31 and September 6, affecting about 55 and 95 workers respectively
- Date Modified: