Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Retail Trade Managers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 4,870 people work in this occupation.
- Retail Trade Managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 83%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 74% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 24% compared to 19% for all occupations
Please refer to the Ontario tab for more information related to occupational trends.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 08 - Aug 12, 2016
- Young America is expanding its operations in Chatham-Kent. The call centre expects to almost double its current workforce of 85 employees and will fill 29 of these positions over the next few weeks.
- Sleep Country Canada, a mattress retailer, will open a new location in Chatham by November 2016
- Lee Valley Tools Ltd. is recruiting for various positions for its new location in Windsor, scheduled to open later this year
- Date Modified: