Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale trade managers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 5,020 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 73%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 73% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 25% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 26 - Dec 30, 2016
- Freedom Mobile Inc. will hold a job fair at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Windsor on January 10th to recruit full-time customer service agents
- Sutherland Global Services is looking to fill about 200 vacancies at its call centre in Windsor. The company is hiring customer service and technical support representatives.
- The Sears Outlet store in the Downtown Chatham Centre will close at the end of its lease in October 2017. The store currently employs 56 workers.
- Audi Windsor will hold a job fair on September 7th between 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. at the Tecumseh Recreation Complex at 12021 McNorton St. The new dealership is expected to open in December.
- The Dutch Market Ltd., a grocery and specialty food store in Chatham, is relocating to a newly-expanded location in the city's downtown core, creating between 20 and 30 jobs. Opening day is planned for September 15
- Date modified: